Is it possible to work in 3D anaglyph view?

Good evening

Solidworks 2020. Of course, Visualize allows you to display and render 3D models (anaglyph in particular), but is there any way to work in real-time 3D directly in the Solidworks viewport?

As it does not have a 3D screen, an orientation towards anaglyph is preferred.

Thank you.

Hello

You should specify what you want to do with VR or anaglyph because these two things have nothing to do with each other.

For VR, certainly @Clémentine will give you the links that go well to the expert technicians.

When you talk about real time, VR allows for real time, but I haven't yet seen the design of a room directly in VR since a 2D sketch will remain in 2D.

Kind regards

PS: I didn't know that Visualize [[  display and render 3D models (anaglyph in particular) ]]  Be careful to specify which 3D we are talking about ;-)  ;-)

Hello

I'm talking about basic anaglyph stereo 3D, to simulate relief on a 2D monitor in front of the eyes and a pair of red/cyan glasses on the nose.

By "RealTime" I mean "continuously displaying" what I manipulate and draw in the viewport.

I am well aware that in isometric view the relief would probably remain flat, but the perspective view would render as expected.

Below is my (in progress) model displayed in Visualize. As I would like to see (in terms of 3D, not render quality) in Solidworks during creation.

Thank you

PS: "PS: I didn't know that Visualize [[  display and render 3D models (anaglyph in particular) ]]  Be careful to specify which 3D we are talking about"

It is possible from this panel:

Cdt

wip_rs775_ana.png
1 Like

Hello @ Sylk

I no longer have access to Vizualise.

Maybe you can confirm that you can make video in Visualize basic (it seems to me that it's only in the Visualize PRO version.)

But it seems to me that the problem comes from the fact that you have to send a file between the two softwares, which excludes real-time. But deferred processing (a batch between the two apps) which is apparently not what you're looking for, if I understood correctly.

Kind regards

Indeed, you have to import/update the model from SW to Visualize. Ideally, there should be a real integration as is the case with Photoview360. That's essentially what I would like, as you have understood. That being said, I mention Visualize to illustrate my query but if a third-party add-on or any other method allows a 3D display, I'm also interested in it.

I have nothing against VR but I'm not equipped. However, I can consider it if it's possible to model in Solidworks in VR.

The differences between the Std and Pro versions: https://www.solidworks.com/product/solidworks-visualize

Animation only on the Pro.