Display state in an assembly

Hello!

I would have liked to know if it was possible to display the display state of a component in its assembly??

And if so, how do you do it? I searched in the help and on the internet, I haven't found anything for the moment...

Thank you:)

1 Like

It's possible!!!

It is managed in the same way as configurations: Right-click on the component, "Properties" and select the display state in the "Referenced display state" window.

1 Like

See this link

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_Display_States_in_Assemblies.htm

everything is said

@+-))

@gt22, I had already seen this page but it only talks about the display status of the assemblies. What I would like to do is display the display state relative to my part in the display state of my assembly...
Pretty wacky but basically I have a room that I've assigned a display state to. Next to it, I have an assembly to which I have assigned several display states. In one of my display states of my assembly, I would have liked my part to be in the display state I assigned to it.

@Benoit, I tried your technique with good hopes but it doesn't work, there's something I had to skip... By right-clicking on my part in the tree, I also have an option to assign it its display state but it doesn't work :-( I don't understand

PropertyManager Display State Properties

Display states define different combinations of display parameters for each component in an assembly or for each feature or body in a part.

To change the properties of a display state:

1. In the lower section of theConfigurationManager tab, right-click a view state and select Properties.
  2. Set the options as shown below.

Display state properties

Display state nameType a name for the display state.

@+ ;-))

Joss, What exactly is not working?

Is the summour whose display state you want to change an assembly or a part? No virtual component?

If you open the "sub"-component, its display states work fine? Didn't you link your display states to configurations by chance?

Another thing to look at, your component doesn't have an assigned appearance at the assembly level, which would take over the assigned display state at the part level?

Well, it worked, I had started from a specific display state to create the new display state of my assembly which would include the display state of my part... I think the problem came from there. So I recreated a display state from the "default" display state and it worked, the display state of my part went ;)

I think like you@Benoit, it must have come from an appearance assigned to my component in the display state from which I started to create the new one...

Edit: Houla, I just reread myself, it must not be easy to understand ^^ it's a lot of "display state" in two sentences:p

1 Like