Solidworks airflow study

Hi all

I've been trying to do an analysis under flow simulation for a few days, and I can't really do it. Let me explain:

I have to design a drone (or part of a drone) with an aero optimization.

I know that the speed at the exit of the propeller is around 8-10 m/s. So I have the shape of the drone and the diameter of the propeller (I don't know exactly the shape of the propeller).

I would like to pass this speed of the airflow through a circular surface with a diameter of 330mm to see its repercussions on the shape of the drone, but I can't. I tried to put a propeller (found on a community site) in rotation but the speed does not correspond at all to the order of magnitude found. I then tried to make a full disk with boundary conditions (output speed), but I see that the flow "bypasses" the disk, I tried to make a crown, but the acceleration of the flow is done suddenly on the edge and not in the center.

I finally tried to do an internal analysis with a cylinder, but the calculation is done just between the two corks and I would like to see how the flow propagates after this cylinder...

In short, I'm a bit lost

already show a little bit of your advance and your sketches

@+

1 Like