Is there a form listing all the rules that can be used in DriveWorksXpress?

Hello TLM, 

After a lot of research on the net I didn't find what I needed so I'm talking to you who answered several of my questions successfully.

Is there a form with all the existing rules that can be used for DriveWorksXpress?  

Thanks in advance,

V.Brnt

There are an enormous number of rules.

•       Entries

Lists the various parameters entered at the form level.

•       Recent

List commonly used texts and equations.

•       Math

Mathematical operators (+, -, *, /, &...).

•       Logic

Logical operators (IF, <, >, =...).

The key is to prepare your project well in advance, the best thing is to set the constraints etc. on paper, make a list and then transcribe everything in Driveworks.

Small links that can help you:

Link 1

Link 2

Thank you Bart,

I already knew that, but the code that we enter into the rules corresponds to a particular programming language? or is it SW specific?

I would like to know if it is possible, in the "filename" type of rules, to delete the name of the base file in order to have a new file completely renamed.

Example: 

Base File Name: Spar

After running DriveWorks, New File Name: "InputValue" & "-010"

With "InputValue" an input variable of the form corresponding to a deal number

Thanks in advance, 

V.Brnt

The issue of renaming parts completely has been fixed. 

Just start the rule with "*" and then the name of the source file disappears and is renamed with the name you put behind the "*".

Now I would like to know if it is possible to do the same thing with the drawings?

Here the problem is that the drawings take the name of the new file but still keep the name of the original MEP.

So I would like the original name of the MEP to disappear like the name of the part file does. I don't know if this is possible because the MEP file name is not driven by a rule like Part File Names.

Thanks in advance, 

V.Brnt

Hello!

DriveWorksXpress is the entry-level, completely free version of the DriveWorks range.

The features you're looking for are available in both Solo and Pro versions.

For more details to compare the versions with each other:

http://www.driveworks.co.uk/products/compare/

Kind regards

Thomas