Is there a shortcut to pass the piloted dimensions in pilots (and vice versa) in the sketches?

Hello lmengin,

Generally, if you are told that a hill is being piloted, it means that your sketch is overstressed. 

Dimitri 

PS: a little hello always pleases those who will answer =)

3 Likes

Hello

Apart from selecting your rating and going to the Other tab to select a state I don't see.

Otherwise you can activate the Warn option to define a driven state in System Options>Sketch>Dimensions on constraints which allows you to select the state you want to put to a dimension that over-constrains your sketch (piloting or piloted).

3 Likes

See this link

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Inserting_Reference_Dimensions.htm?id=9b4491967b204f9cb073cb2d116a51e4

Make the rating managed ? Dialog Box

The highlighted dimension made the sketch over-constrained or unsolvable.

Click Cancel  to abort the operation (the dimension is not placed) or select one of the following options, and then click OK:

Making this rating controlledThe over-constrained or unsolvable state is repaired.
Leaving this driving ratingThe sketch remains over-constrained or impossible to solve. Look for other dimensions or relationships that can be deleted or edited.

Select Don't ask me again to delete this dialog box. The last option used is the one that applies by default.

Use the Driven option in the context menu to switch between a driven dimension and a pilot dimension.

@+

4 Likes

Hello

Right click on the coast then "piloted"

Have a nice day

Cyrille

3 Likes

Hello Dimitri (oops),

thank you for your  answer

I wanted to pass the dimensions in piloted to slide my sketch without going through the 2D moment.

Lionel

If you don't put aside, you can slip your sketch as you say. Instant 2D only allows you to change the dimension dynamically, you don't need it if you want to stretch a segment for example.

1 Like

No worries =)

After your question, I don't really see what you want to do. If you want to control a dimension outside of the sketch you can create a global variable to do so.

Dimitri

1 Like

Thank you all,

after trying the 2D moment suits me very well, it's a function that I hadn't taken the time to try