Is there a function on Office or free software to create a multi-level vertical tree or export of the SolidWorks tree

Hello @ all,

I have to work with partners on a SolidWorks tree on which we will have to exchange and make changes and then I will have to carry out a procedure.

What I want to ideally do is create a vertical tree structure with 7/8 levels but in a format that can be easily consulted and modified by everyone and on which you can add notes.

I thought about Word and its SmartArt but even the hierarchical models are not suitable and XML and Excel (with the Group function) but it is not very intuitive and user-friendly.

The must would also be to be able to enlarge and reduce the tree with "+".

Otherwise, I thought about exporting the SolidWorks tree but it doesn't seem possible.

Have you ever faced the problem? Do you have any tools to offer me?

Thank you

Anthony

Hello @Anthony R.

Unless I'm mistaken, when you create a nomenclature, you can have it in the order of the creation tree, it seems to me.

This nomenclature can be put either in a flat file that can be used by different software, or in excel. Under excel with BVA you can make mom and dad and beef stewed.

What do you think???

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

Look at Solidworks Treehouse, it seems to be what you want to do.

3 Likes

Thanks guys, with your 2 solutions I can extract my tree, but not rework it, at least as I wish.

I rework it in Excel with the "Group" function, it's not super simple but it is done and gives the expected result, too bad there is no simple tool to do it...

PS: I don't know how to manage the BVA.

Hello

I've already done a somewhat similar exercise.
I use the VB and the Treeview objects (file tree) which allows you to manipulate the tree as you wish.
you can easily find it in the VB of the office and in particular with Excel which allows you to process the data more easily afterwards.
Otherwise you still have Visual Studio, a little more complex but more powerful.

you can find some info for Excel here: https://jacma.developpez.com/treeview/
And for studio here: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/vb.net/vb.net_treeview.htm

Have fun

Thank you Todesco but I'm finalizing my Excel file so I'll stay on that because the longest thing is to build it.