Exploiting a text on AutoCAD

Hello

Quick question about AutoCAD, I would like to know if anyone would have a method to be able to use a single line or multiline text created on AutoCAD 

to be able to give thickness to the text. The best would be to be able to transform the text into a polylygnium and then I could extrude it but I didn't manage to do it nor to be able to explode the text.

If anyone had a method, I thank you in advance.

on autocrad I don't know

on solidworks I  can answer

Goes through a thin extrusion

and that's it

@+ ;-)

Does it work?

http://maxence.delannoy.pagesperso-orange.fr/trucs/texte_3d.htm

1 Like

Hello

If you have access to Corel Draw, I can suggest a solution that I discovered by chance and that helps me out quite often.

It's all about choosing your lettering font and typing it into corel draw. You choose the Export option to make your backup. From there, you'll choose the autocad dxf format and the default output format.  A window will pop up where you choose to export the text in curves.  Now you've created a .dxf file that you can read in autocad.

To do this, you need to create a new worksheet in autocad and insert your lettering into it as an insert block. You immediately make a backup of your lettering by choosing the format ''Autocad R12/LT2.dxf'' and close your worksheet.  This step is very important otherwise you will receive a ''Fatal Error'' message when you try to blow up your lettering afterwards.  (If you still receive a "Fatal Error" message after following these steps, you will have to start again and close the program after the backup to break the link that persists between the file and the program).

You can now re-open your lettering file and blow it up. The next step is to create a region and extrude it. You will notice that your lettering will be made up of a multitude of arcs and it will therefore be heavier than a standard polyline file, so you should use this method in moderation.

Goodbye