DXF Export Burning on SW 2020

Hello

I'm having a problem on SW 2020 about exporting in DXF/DWG.
We want all our laser parts to be numbered.
On some parts, this number must be cut out of the sheet metal, on others, the number must be engraved.

The problem is to be able to tell the difference between a cut or an engraving on a DXF.

I am desperately looking for a solution to export our parts in dxf with an " engraving " layer and a " cutting " layer to allow the subcontractor to make the difference.

I passed this exercise on SW 2019, unfortunately it does not work on SW 2020 despite an identical setting.

Can you help me?

Thank you

Hello, what are your options here:

Under sw2020 SP5 I didn't have this problem and the layers were well preserved (marking and cutting) in drafsight (no autocad)
Are the layers well chosen in the MEP SW?
Are the markup lines in the right layer?
If you hide this layer, the strokes of the layer disappear well?
If this is not the case in SW it justifies=ified the fact that it is not exported in autocad.

1 Like

With us, the tracing paper or the lines for the ENGRAVING must be of the color CYAN. It is with color that RADAN recognizes that the OP is indeed engraving

Yes, so do we @Le_Bidule it's the color (yellow) for the marking. But by switching to the marking layer, the color yellow is automatically assigned. (and easier to differentiate in SW or Drafsight)

1 Like

I actually have these same settings.
I expressed myself badly, but we want to export our . SLDPRT in DXF with engraving.
I thought there was a solution thanks to the Solidworks projection but I can't do it with 2020.

However, I'm going to try with a drawing, but I can't assign a layer to a sketch.

When you talk about a marking line, are we talking about a sketch?

No, exporting a dxf (or dwg) of one side.

… Your projection table has no settings, there is little chance that it will work...
Moreover, if you use the same settings as @sbadenis it means that you are not using projections...

For more information:

I use these settings:

If I'm not mistaken, @sbadenis use these settings but to export from a drawing.
Indeed I did not set the projection file but on SW 2019 by setting the sheet as follows:

I managed to make the sketches appear on a purple layer (so our engravings) and the rest of the geometry under another layer.

On the other hand, on SW 2020 it doesn't work...

What if you told them the location of the projection file to use?
Then uncheck:
Otherwise your projection is useless...
(By the way, for this type of conversion, I advise you to use color projections -Right of the projection table-)

And replace the " BL " (by layer) of the projection of your layer " 1 " (Purple) with the desired color...

1 Like

Yes I have declared a projection file location, if I take the process step by step:

I have created a " cuckoo " sketch on my piece that I want to have engraved:
With this setting:
I export the unfolded side of my part and select the sheet metal function:
My projection file is such as:
On the visualization I get this:

On 2019 the sketch cuckoo appears well on the visualization and on the dxf...
In 2020, it is not taken into account...
I've tried with color projections but it doesn't work either.
I wonder if there isn't another setting that is causing a problem