DXF Part Export with Hidden Edges - solidworks 2016

Hi all

It's been a few days that I've been trying to find a way to save my SW16 parts in DXF format with the hidden edges visible.

The goal is to retrieve the drawing in draftsight to prepare my machine programming.

Do you have a tip ?

Thank you in advance!

Hello

If you display the edges in the room and export it to DXF, it doesn't work???

1 Like

See this link

http://www.mycadblog.fr/transformer-fichier-solidworks-en-dwg-ou-dxf-3d/

TURN A SOLIDWORKS FILE INTO A DWG OR DXF 3D

In SolidWorks, transforming to a DWG or DXF file only results in a file with 2D entities. Some CAM tools only work from DWG or DXF 3D files, so it is necessary to retrieve 3D features. Here's how to do it [...]

From SolidWorks, to transform a part or assembly file into a DWG or DXF 3D file, you have to go through an intermediate step and tool: the creation of a file in SAT format and the use of the DraftSight software .

In SolidWorks, after opening the relevant component, in the " File " menu, use the " Save As " command.
Choose " ACIS(*.sat) " as the Type.

IMG1

... then " Save ".

Attention : In the " Options ", choose a SAT format that does not exceed version 10 beforehand.

IMG2

Open the DraftSight software.

NB: If you don't have DraftSight, you can download it for free with the following link: Draftsight

IMG3

In the command line, type " ACISIN " or " IMPORTSAT "...

IMG4

... then Confirm on keyboard.

Then specify the path where the file (. SAT) ...

IMG5

... then click " Open "

1 Like

This one opens in DraftSight ...

IMG6

... then in the " File " menu, " Save " in the desired format (DWG or DXF).

IMG7

The resulting file is a DWG or DXF file containing 3D entities (disregard the heading "Drawing ...").

To check the result, you can perform the reverse procedure:

• Open the 3D DWG or DXF file in DraftSight
  • Export to SAT format by typing the EXPORTSAT command line, pointing to the geometry and then specifying a name
  • With SolidWorks, open the file created
1 Like

I just went through this SAT step but it doesn't appear.

My piece is simple: it's a 500X200 mm rectangle with holes on the edge. And I'll need the DXF seen from above with the holes shown. I would especially like to avoid going through a drawing.

Just display the hidden edges in the 3D part as shown in the attachment...

dxf_avec_arretes_cache.jpg

@ vincentlud have you followed all the steps of transformation of the file as defined in my previous message

It should work

Your holes you did them how via a matire elevation or via toolbox

If the holes are made via toolbox it's normal that it doesn't work

they must be done via elevation of material

@+

I can retrieve the file in SAT on draftsight but I cannot, to my knowledge, perform a function under draftsight to select views (apart from Constrained Orbit > Display) 

Do you know a technique to set up a top-down view under draft sight?

In any case, thank you all for your responsiveness!!!!

PS: my holes I made by removing material

It's there! 

Once in DraftSight you can choose which views to display! something I had never used. For those who need: right click on the toolbar at the top > MAIN > VIEW  and then it has the option to select the view. 

And my wireframe holes/ridges appear well!

Thank you all for your advice!