Export to revit or allplan or other XYZ axis

Hello.
Colleagues who work on Revit or Allplan ask me to provide them with the 3D I made.
I send them an IFC 2x3.

the problem is that they can't exploit it because they tell me that the Z doesn't match their Z on their software.

and indeed when I draw a sketch to make the walls of a building,
I put myself on the top plane and I extrude the walls towards '  the top'

Is there a way to change something so that there is more coherence?

Thank you

Good evening

Yes. First, you redefine the Z of your part via the > Reference Geometry Function > Coordinate System.
Then, you reorient the part via Move Body, to make the 3 axes of the body's coordinate system coincide with that of the document (the one in the bottom left corner of the viewport).
Finally, you export.

4 Likes

Hello. Thank you
I do a test on "a house"
I created a coordinate system:

Then I moved the body: in 2 times

Something must be missing me because I don't really see the point of creating a coordinate system in this case.

Just moving the body might be enough for me to get the z-axis '  upwards' on the house.
Have a good day everyone

You don't need to move the room. Once you have defined the new coordinate system, you save it in IFC. When registering, you go to options and at the very bottom you choose your new coordinate system in "Output coordinate system".
FYI I have SW2023, not sure it will work with previous versions.

3 Likes

Hello
Oh yes well seen!!
To image:

Thank you

1 Like

Indeed, the move is not necessary for the export, let's say that it is more for the consistency of the document.
Cdt

2 Likes

Otherwise wait for the 2025 version:
https://help.solidworks.com/2025/french/WhatsNew/c_wn2025_top_enhancements.htm
It took the 2025 version to do like the others.
@OBI_WAN you who come from the future (V2323) you could have told us about this incredible improvement! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes