Export to IGES - ACIS - STEP (Autocad 2013)

Hello

Sorry to ask a question that has already been answered before but the answer was not enough for me.

I'm looking to transfer a very large Autocad 3D file to Solidworks. After exploring several forums, several tutorials and several books, I don't understand why, when I click on the drop-down menu at the top left, the export formats that are offered to me do not correspond to those that are supposed to be there according to the books, tutorials, forums...

Let me explain: I saw that it was possible to export your autocad documents in different formats, including the IGES (.igs), ACIS (.sat) and STEP (.step)  formats. However, my Autocad 2013 only offers me the .pdf, .wmf, .bmp, .dwg, .dng V8 and V7 formats. I don't really understand why other formats are inaccessible to me??? Have these file conversions disappeared on the 2013 version? Did I make a mistake?

exportautocad.png

Hello

You don't have to go through the save as function, but through the "export" function.

Is that ok?

4 Likes

If your Autocad is not an Autocad 3D it's normal;)

Edit: oops sorry I hadn't seen your version of Autocad

Yes Bart is right it's just not the right order

6 Likes

Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6TvkAO2BD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-ag-Toess

@+ ;-)

Check out this picture! It should help you

autocad.jpg

On the other hand, pay attention to the size of your file.

And remember to clean up your project before exporting, because if the file is too large, Solidworks will crash!

Good luck!

When you have the choice, choose WWTP or parasolid.

In general, it is easier to recover volume bodies with these files, whereas IGES gives a little more surface.

3 Likes

The part I don't understand is why my menu doesn't look like yours? (I was in the export function) See attached photo

export2autocad.png

Isn't there a notion of a license for export formats? A bit like Catia...

2 Likes

Because the photo sent, is taken on autocad architecture 2013. The different versions have different themes.

But on the other hand, my photo almost corresponds to yours.

Have you found what you're looking for?

1 Like

Well, after further research, I found a comparison of the different versions of autocad and indeed, my version does not allow me to convert files.

Thank you for your answers

Benoit had the right answer... ^^

Good luck!

1 Like

The right answer is sometimes not enough @Bart...

It's Lynkoa's hard law, so be it...

1 Like