Export content from esuisse to a vector image with CATIA

Hello

I would like to use the content of a CATIA sketch to make a vector image.

Do you have any ideas to do this?

Apparently, I can't export my sketch to the drafting workshop. This could have been a solution because from the drafting workshop, it is possible to export vector elements.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello

To see the sketches in the Drafting workbench, you have to right-click on the view/Property frame and then select the following option

Otherwise, the Catia image capture utility creates vector images:

2 Likes

Hello

You can also use the "copy/paste" option, you enter your sketch, you select your elements (by trapdoor) "COPIER".

In your drafting you create a view, and you "PASTE", think about changing the graphic color because if in your sketch the elements were in white, they will be white in your draft!

1 Like

Technique 1 (via the rafting workshop) doesn't work too much or is a bit complicated. Indeed, the problem is that you need a view to be able to modify its properties. Now, to have a part, you have to force volume into a part and I only have a sketch in my part because for my rather particular application, I only use the sketch to make plane geometry.

On the other hand, technique 2 works. Super. So I have a solution.

Thank you for your help.

You don't have to have "volume" to generate your view,  you have to set up your view generation config.

To do this, when you are in your blank drafting (without views) you click in the "tool / options" menu

So, when you create a view, it will generate all the wireframe that your sketch is without necessarily having any "solid" ;)

3 Likes