Extraction of detail plans from a mechanically welded assembly created in parts

Hi all

I was entrusted with modifications to be made to a mechanically welded machine. it turns out that all the mechanically welded sub-assemblies were created in Part. (image below)

assemblage PART

The parts have all been converted and the assembly has been redone. (image below)

The detailed plans were made with the pieces extracted for this case. 

My question is the following: if I modify the PART file (assembly drawn in 1 piece), is there a link between the 2?

Solidworks explorer finds me a grayed out  link between the two. (image below)

Another question:

I also have overall plans made from the assembly drawn in PRT (like image 1) but without the parts being extracted apart from hiding all the components I don't see.

Do you have a solution for me?

Thanks in advance

Hello

Personally, when I have something like this to do, I plan the SLDPRT by doing "Select bodies" on each view or I want different subsets and I select the desired sets.

Another solution would be to create display states for each group of subsets, from experience this solution is preferable for more stability.

Indeed, hiding each body by hand is not manageable.

For the drawing ok.

But for the changes on the SLDPRT? Is there a link between the complete SLDPRT chassis and the extracted parts?

For the moment I don't see any links (except that solidworks explorer finds me a gray link) 

Otherwise I have to remove all the conversions into volumes and sheet metal to modify the chassis and split all the parts?

The thing is that I don't know how to go about this type of DAO

No, when bodies are registered outside of the Welded Mechanic, they are no longer bound to the source Welded Mechanic. What is the point for you of wanting to extract the bodies in order to fully understand the problem?

Also

The "save bodies" function allows you to keep the link with the original welded mechanic and to create an assembly, Is this what you used  ?

I don't know what was done, I'm taking over the file of a former cartoonist.

I have modifications to make to the chassis (evolution for customer order)

The interest of extracting the bodies (recording the bodies to keep a link) is for the drawing of details.

What has been done in the past is detailed drawings by hiding the elements of the entire SLDPRT chassis. But also drawings of details of the extracted pieces with no apparent link between the two.

So I find myself with a chassis to modify without knowing how to take it and know if it is really usable.

The parts were converted into sheet metal and then into volumes and this at several levels of the design tree so if I Sup them in the aborescence it removes me from the sketches. If I modify sketch dimensions to modify the chassis, everything turns red because nothing follows.

In addition to that, with each reconstruction, it takes over 348 functions to rebuild, which is a long time

In this case, registering the bodies and keeping them linked to the welded mechanic will not solve the problem, knowing that to modify the bodies you will have to modify the basic welded mechanic...

For me two options:

- Remake a clean assembly by redoing each part with the settings that are fine.
- Spend some time understanding the construction of the welded mechanic.

The volume/sheet metal conversions are not that serious, on the other hand it's not a clean design, indeed...

You can use the blocking bar to block the reconstruction of some of the functions, it will save you time!

1 Like