Extracting all solidworks icons

Hello

I would like to know if it is possible to recover all the icons used in solidworks easily? Sketch function icon in short the total 

Thank you for your feedback 

Hello

If you right-click on the taskbar, click on Customize, and in the commands tab you will find all the buttons

1 Like

Hello

If you go to Tools, Customize,  Toolbars, and you check them all I think you'll have all the icons.

Cdt

Fred

1 Like

See this link also which gives a procedure to follow

http://www.mycadblog.fr/raccourcis-et-astuces-dans-solidworks-2-2/

1 Like

When you say "recover", are you talking about icon files or displaying functions in SW?

If it's to display the functions, follow the advice of the other answers.

If it's to retrieve the images and use them elsewhere (like a reminder or personalized instructions), you'll have to do repetitive gymnastics. You'll need to extract the icons from the different *.exe / *.dll / *.icl files that are located in the different SW installation directories.

There is free software on the internet that allows this. Have fun, you're going to spend some time there.

3 Likes

As much as for me it is indeed a question of recovering the source files of the images 

No one knows in which file in detail to dig into? 

You can try in the SolidWorks exe file (SLDWORKS.exe), there may be a few icons, if not, it's in a DLL, and there are many!

Otherwise, the easiest way is to create a shortcut to SolidWorks and change the icon in the properties and see which file it points to, and if there are several other interesting icons.

But getting them all back is going to be complicated!

After using iconsextract_1-47_en_15463

I got more than 1700 Icons but none corresponding to symbols such as rectangle sketch or extrusion In short a small start

vsflex8n_207.zip
1 Like

Apparently, the SW icons are partly found in the following files:

Dsgnchkresu.dll
EModelReviewerRes.dll
imageres.dll
mfc42.dll
mfc42u.dll
mmres.dll
mmsys.cpl
moricons.dll
mqsnap.dll
mqutil.dll
msident.dll
msidntld.dll
msieftp.dll
MaD's extraction program makes it possible to find them all.

This icon?

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/English/SolidWorks/sldworks/doc1292868178828.image

Images of all icons can be found  on the SolidWorks help pages and then create an icon.

Yes for example I think I'm going to suck up the help site to recover all the images

1 Like