Unable to extract files

Hello,
We work on large assemblies (about 700 to 900 pieces).
When a single part is checked out, it prevents the extraction of all drawings, even those that are not affected by the part that has already been extracted.
Is there a solution to force the extraction?
Thank you in advance for your feedback,
Sébastien

Hello and welcome;

Please specify the versions of the software used:
Solidworks (Version ? + local type ? or online ?)
and
PDM

Hello Maclane,
Indeed I forgot the essential.
SW 2023 SP2.1 on-premises
SW PDM 31.2 (B1) Local
Other info: I am not an administrator of the PDM.
Thank you!

Hello,

You will have to go see the EPDM admin because either it is a problem of user rights, or it is a problem of workflow.

A classic trick is to want to do the extraction via Windows Explorer while the file is opened via the assembly in Solidworks.
Even if it's annoying, this blocking is normal (as the file is opened by solidworks it is blocked to change its state via the file explorer). The solution: do the extraction via Solidworks (or close the assembly in Solidworks and do the extraction via the explorer).

Nb: as SW is not the champion of freeing files/RAM, doing the extraction via SW is often the fastest (you are not safe from having another file blocked by SW when a priori it should no longer be).

Well, I don't have PDM... but according to the help:
https://help.solidworks.com/2023/french/EnterprisePDM/FileExplorer/r_File_Check_Out_Dialog_Box.htm?id=0.3.1.0

So @froussel is right, we must approach the Administrator of PDM.

Note: it is indicated that the PDM is " local ", it is curious that the user is not the administrator in this case, right?

Hello Froussel,
I do the extraction under SW after opening the file when SW offers me to.
The behavior of the PDM is normal since I want to update a plan pointing to an assembly file from which an element is extracted (and therefore potentially being modified). So my plan is in theory impacted. Except that my plan is partial on the whole and I don't use the extracted component (I know this and SW can't know). I wanted to know if there was a way to force the ban of SW PDM in this specific case.

" Local " = " on-premise " on the company's server as opposed to " cloud " on the Dassault sys server.

I am not adm.
But my adm also doesn't know a solution.

NB: Thank you for the link to the doc, but I had already read it before addressing the forum :wink:

It looks like it is related to version change rights → it is the PDM admin who can change the settings.
Otherwise you archive your part the time to update your overall MEP, right?