Extrusion alveole

Hello

I would like to make  this  kind of extrusion (attached file), I can't  make the  volume I was looking for

Thank you  for your help

capture.png

What approach did you try?
If the pattern is evenly distributed:
- Extrude a hexagon without merging it to the rest of the room;
- make a 3D sketch to define the vertices of the facets;
- Create plans that pass through these points.
- remove extruded material from these plans;
- repeat the body obtained;
- merge the bodies of the repetition with the rest.

If there are a lot of them, which I assume, it might be interesting if this sequence is located at the very top of the building tree, which will allow it to automatically merge with the sequel.

9 Likes

Hello

You can also do: an extrusion of a hexagon, chamfer 2 edges, a removal of material for the rest and then a linear repetition of the volume body.

Example attached (SW2019)

Kind regards

part2.sldprt
6 Likes

Hello

I'm getting to this result, is that what you're looking for?

Kind regards

David

EDIT: for the tutorial;

-Make a hexagonal extrusion.
-create a plane1 with an edge and an opposite vertex.
-Use plane1 to sketch a line through the center of the top face and a point on the edge used for plane1.
- Create a "throughout" material removal by checking the removed side (checkbox).
-Create an axis in the center of the hexagonal extrusion and perpendicular to the top side.
-Use the axis to make a circular repetition of the material removal.
-Finished.

essai_ext_alv.jpg
2 Likes

The PRT file.....

repetition_extrusion_alveolaire.sldprt

Hello, which version are you on?

I offer you another way to model the hexagons without using a plane.

1 - I start not with a hexagon but with a diamond that I bevel with the help of a removal of material using a line.

2 - Circular repetition x3 on 360° then combined of the 3 volumes.

3 - Body repetition in an area bounded by a surface or a sketch of your choice.  nested mode + 30° angle, for distances it depends on your diamond/hexagon dimensions. (EDIT: 30 or 60° depending on the original orientation of your hexagon)

4 - Having no other volume, I created my surface which merges everything into a single volume. (which is not valid if you start from an existing volume and in this case do a combine volumes instead)

Kind regards

Image attachment for better readability.

texture_hexagon_1.png
3 Likes

@FUZ3D hey nice method.  I like it a lot. Sometimes I still think too much like a machinist.
Well done.

@matos: Have we answered your question?