Extrusion

Hello

QLQ can help me draw the geometry that is attached on solidworks 

I don't know how to get the pines to be scattered.

Thanks in advance

solidworks.png

Hello

I think the best thing to do is to draw axes according to the desired inclinations.

Then, simply extrude the profiles along these axes.

Otherwise, there is also the solution of plans: draw planes according to angles and extrude, but it seems more "chaotic" to me than the axis method.

Note: axes can be created according to sketches.

Good luck

2 Likes

Hello

I think you have to cheat and go for circular repetitions.

The goal is to find the center of the circle where your pins cross to create two concurrent and perpendicular axes denoted A1 and A2. A little geometry never hurts! :-)

Then

Draw a pin that I'll call P1.

Repeats P1 around the first A1 axis over the desired angular range. This entity will be P2.

You then repeat P1 and P2 around the second axis A2 of the same angular range.

All you have to do now is remove material from your base and you're done.

If you have any problems with the realization I want to help you!

2 Likes

Hello

If the part is crossed by 2 axes of symmetry, you have to draw a quarter of it and then make repetitions of the bodies to reproduce them on the whole.

If the axes of all the " pins " are met at a point, we can proceed as follows :

Create the 2 planes for the vertical and horizontal rows, then create the 9 planes for the slanted rows.

On each of the 11 planes, draw the axis that passes through the central point, then make a repetition of it (in the sketch) with an angle (angular repetition).

Then 2 solutions :

Or make a blind length extrusion in the room.

Either if they are all the same length, draw the 1st one in a different part then, then make an assembly, constrain the first one by the axis (display the axes with T), and constrain a distance from the face below, then " copy with the constraints "  to constrain only the axis for all the others.

I hope I have been clear !

Here's an example (out of your ratings)

Regarding the lengths, if all the tips of your rods must be at the same height, my technique does not work and it will be necessary to turn to Lucas' solution.

Note that to reduce this effect in my solution, the further away your part is from the two axes, the less the height differential will be, but will decrease the angles.

capture_decran_2014-04-28_11.08.14.png
1 Like

Given the attached file, there is necessarily a "center" point from which to start the axes.

The hardest thing will be to find it but then, whatever the solution, it will go quickly.

Even if it means extruding and then cutting the whole thing out on a side view, it should be fine.

EDIT: Be careful though, after rechecking, it seems that the symmetry only works on one axis (see attached file).

solidworks_0.png
1 Like

Well, I really don't think the geometry part is hard.

I have a bit of a hard time understanding why it's not a central repetition on two angular ranges.

I'll link you to a construction aid to find your axis distances.

http://ggbtu.be/m112350

With Thomas.Guillard's solution but by "turning" the axes of rotation to 45° (instead of being on X and the other on Z), and by removing a few pins, we obtain the visual of the given image.

Slt

@ thomas: Thank you for your explanations. I was able to make a design thanks to your method (see attachment)

I want to have the same height for all the pins but I didn't understand @ Lucas' method

solution_pin_1.png

Wholesale

You have two options:

• Mine if you "tinker" with the distances of the axes to approach the desired solution. (It's not exactly what you want, just an approximation)
  • Lucas' solution consists of roughly what I proposed to you but only for the creation of the axes. Then you draw your base in the same room. So you have a base and the axis system. You build your pine tree in another part. Then it is a question of making the assembly with the constraints that are fine by inserting a multitude of pins by copying the constraints.

Good luck!