Non-planar face after transition fold

Hi all

Here is my problem, I created a square base hood with a disoriented evacuation in relation to the base, in 2 parts, assemble in the corners, no problem for one of the sheets but for the second I have a problem of flatness on one of the faces, so in the corner the fold is not done well (only one edge appears), it's not even possible to make a sketch on it (I wanted to sketch a crease but not possible) and the problem is that it prevents me from making a crease on edge to make a return to the bottom of my hood... Is this a solidworks bug or a defect on my part?  I am on Solidworks 2019SP04

Thank you!

2019-11-15.png

Here is the file

hottes_barbecues.sldprt

Hello

So 2 things in rep 1 don't put the bending radii SW will do it for you  in rep2 there is an angle so it's normal that you're not flat. To be plan, the edges must be parallel.

may the force be with you.

cone_obi_wan.jpg
3 Likes

Okay thank you I understand better, but I am obliged to have the non-parallel face, it's the client's masonry, so I have to find a way to make a fold without using the fold on edge option

OBI WAN  is absolutely right, you need parallel sketches in the 2 sections, otherwise the surface is not flat.

One solution is to insert a small straight part here 10mm and a small inclined part in the center sketch to be minimized as well (which I then minimize to the maximum according to the bending radii)

And there it should work!

2 Likes

Hello

Agree with @OBI WAN!

I think you should make the hood in 2 parts: the 3 plies and a welded sheet for the 4th side (being made only this part will necessarily be straight).

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello in this case the solution is 2 triangles.

may the force be with you.

hottes_barbecues-1.sldprt
2 Likes

Thank you very much for your advice!! And above all, O great Jedi master !

I am a beginner on Solidworks and being alone in my design office, your help has been invaluable to me!!

Have a good end of the day and have a good weekend!

2 Likes