Make the configuration type appear in the drawing

Hi all

I'm on Solidworks 2012.

I created leab feat part functions that allowed me to automatically insert several functions on a part.

These functions (LFP) can vary so I have created configurations now I would like my drawing to automatically appear the type of configuration of the function is it possible?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hello

The type matches the name of the configuration?

If the name of the function configuration appears in the properties or in the name of the function (in the Feature manager tree) then it won't be too complicated by a VBA macro.

Otherwise, it may not be easy.

Do you have an example piece to attach here?

1 Like

Hello

For me this is not feasible in the basic functions of SW. You can at most make a list of the library functions used through the development of a macro (since you use several on the same part), as well as their configuration used, but not by making a note that would retrieve the name of the configuration of the pointed face.

A trick could be (as long as you don't mind it) to "write" the name of the configuration by removing material. This would happen at the library function level and the text would be dynamically linked to the configuration name. To be seen depending on the type of functions you perform.

A+

I disagree! (always dreamed of saying that^^)

When you create your notes, you have to go to the properties on the left on "link property" (icon; a sheet with hand and a chain)

Then on "Model in the view to which the annotation is attached", open the drop-down menu and select "SW-Configuration name"

On the other hand, be careful. Your note must be attached to the view and not out of view (usually when you created it, your view is dashed square to say that it's linked)

Hoping I understood your request correctly

Edit: I'm completing my answer. The note then takes the name of the current configuration in the view. It's up to you to name them in the 3D according to your interest

configuration_name.png
1 Like

Register as a false @coin37coin!

We're not talking about retrieving the configuration name of a room (very simple and by the method you mention), but about retrieving the configuration name of a library function inserted in a room! Or even, as described, several library functions inserted on a single part. And all this in terms of the layout of the room and not the bookcase function!

Not the same at all ! :)

2 Likes

I don't like what Benoit says! (I never dreamed of saying that :-p)

We're talking about the name of the configuration of a library function! (lib feat part = file. LFP)

To support my words, here is the function to use in VBA:

ConfigurationName = LibraryFeatureData. ConfigurationName

And an example available on the SolidWorks website:

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/English/api/sldworksapi/Get_Library_Feature_Data_Example_VB.htm

1 Like