Make a video wall with inclined screens with norcan profile structure

Hello

I am coming to you, to ask for advice on a client's request for a video wall. I show you the request in question:

As part of my study for a GC client, I need a costing for:

Video wall consisting of (3 columns – 2 rows):
 8 x 55-inch Dahua LM55-S400 displays
 PushPull support
 Variant 1: Fixed support (access via hatches to the non-load-bearing partition that constitutes the technical gallery.
 Orientation of the sides possible (initial request – plan in attachments)
 Fixing of the slab structure (high or low) preferably. Freestanding variant.
Proposal 1 to make to me:
 Covering open and unused areas with wood, cupboard... IF POSSIBLE
 Installation of the structure and screens.
 Supply of 55-inch DAHUA borderless screens or equivalent

As a reminder (according to plan) the dimensions of the structure:
Width 6m
Height 2.7m overall

Proposal 2 if technically possible:
Suspended structure stiffened to avoid a footprint up to halfway up (approx. 1.40m).
Always with basic PushPull mounts."

So the request itself is obvious but the screens have to be tilted 172° compared to the others but the supports are not tiltable and I use norcan profiles as a structure. For the connoisseurs, do you have a viable solution?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Hello

What does this have to do with SOLIDWORKS!!!   ;-)

Norcan has suitable corner connectors but for more strength start by having corner cutouts between each profile to assemble them end to end. At HEPCO they have recessed hinged connectors if your profiles are in a slot of 10 nothing prevents you from using them if it is simpler.

Either at NORCAN N1546 swivel plates but to be placed on the top of the profiles, or 45x90 _N 1128 dynamic joints with four M8 screws.
If you have mass constraints since you have a bridge effect without support, you can make frames yourself in laser cutting directly at the right angle and thickness, fixed where it suits you.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello

Thank you very much for your advice, I was able to apply one of them to make my wall of images and sorry for the very late response, it was not very correct on my part. As you may have seen on another post. I am looking to make a wooden covering of the structure but with the screen supports and the lack of support in some areas of the video wall, I cannot find a solution for the wooden covering and avoiding placing trays that are too wide and long so as not to have trays that are too heavy. I have attached a preview of my work, as you can see, for the sides, let's say that there are no problems, but under the screens and above where there are the empty spaces, there is no point of support to lay the boards and the angles at 172° is a problem for me. Thank you in advance for your answer

test_rendu_mur_dimages_stanley_security.jpg

What prevents you from adding crossbeams to support additional panels?

If it's just to plug the holes, the boards don't have to be particularly thick

2 Likes

Hello@maxime leviels_1

Whatever the thickness of your additional panels (see @stefbeno's suggestion), you can fix them with grooves and clips for floating parquet or skirting boards.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Clips+pour+plinthe&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjp1cm8s4LwAhWK_IUKHf_VAl4Q2-cCegQIABAA&oq=Clips+pour+plinthe&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAA6BggAEAgQHjoECAAQHjoECAAQGFDfH1jcK2DqOGgAcAB4AIABfIgBpQaSAQM3LjOYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=RFJ5YOmjMYr5lwT_q4vwBQ&bih=1292&biw=2423&client=firefox-b-d

For the lower part you just have to put wooden dowels that protrude from the horizontal box and for the top to put the famous s clips. The pegs allow you to recover the descents of very low loads but they will mainly be used to allow a fixing at the bottom otherwise it will be torn off by a radial movement (the axial being vertical).

Kind regards

PS: Imagined with the KISS method