Vary the size of the dispute sketch elements

Hello
I'll try to be clear but the best would be to send you the drawings
Here it is, I'm a glasses designer I usually work with rhino but now I need to make customizable frames..... So I have access to Solidworks 2013.
My problem, I sketch my glasses face, with arcs of circles not splines so, after I arrange my dimensions, and there I would like to be able by the sides and equations to change the width the size of the nose the height of the lens, without having to redraw the glasses, but apart from the width that I can change without deforming the glasses too much as soon as I want to vary the height the drawings are deconstructed.... I've tried a lot of tutorials but I admit that my lack of knowledge of the software blocks me.

Can you help me? or guide me

Attached is the drawing on which I would like to vary the width of the nose lens and the height of the lens

thank you in advance

Immanuel

modele_1c.sldprt

If you have precise dimensions to configure, why not use a family of parts?

1 Like
Hello As I told you by email, you have to use the families of parts: http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Creating_a_Design_Table.htm

The parts families allow you to control several dimensions via an Excel table!

This is very handy when different odds depend on others and many odds are set!

1 Like

Hi @aedstudio

take a good look at this tutorial I think it will give you a good lead to make sketch modifications once the part is developed (English)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OngZ97z-s7U

@+ ;-)

PS: a spline is just a succession of curves 

1 Like

THANK YOU FOR THE TIPS

1 Like

You have the right to write down the correct answers and validate the correct one

to close this thread

My problem is that when I change a dimension often the adjacent elements are deformed!

and when I dimension all the elements, I can no longer modify the dimensions the drawings this puts in yellow error

I'm trying other things but it's complicated

make a jpeg sketch + your sides or screenshot please

I can't open a SW 2013 am sue SW2012

@+ ;-)

Hello

In 2014 it is a little extra because when you change a dimension the whole sketch changes automatically 

attached 2 screenshot

20120105154459.rar

Hello

Indeed, when you created your sketching elements (freehand), the overall shape was well proportioned. I therefore advise you to rate all your entities without changing the value of the dimensions. Once everything is dimensioned and the sketch is totally constrained (in black), you can better modify the values by double clicking on it.

The SW2014 version will avoid doing this maneuver which often makes the entire sketch waltz as soon as a dimension or a constraint is placed, the first dimension placed will modify the entire proportion of the other sketch entities still not dimensioned so that this problem no longer appears.

Kind regards

2 Likes

to solve your problem of the side that is taken at the end of the arc

I suggest you draw a construction line that will coincide with your center points of the upper arches (the sides)

This line will have a degree of inclination no matter what, and if you move this line normally, the rest should follow

@+ ;-)

@gt22

I didn't understand well! On which arch should I place my construction line?

@jm

I tried on all sides but the sketch remains blue.....

you create a construction line that passes through the center points of your upper arches R7 R3

you make it coincident with these centers if you shift this line everything should follow

your R3 cencle is not coinciding with anything else tool look at all the constraints

If once correctly dimensioned your sketch is not black it is because there are missing dimensions

@+ ;-)

@jm

So here is a screenshot with the sketch in black all side 

but as soon as I want to change a value the sketch turns yellow object conflicts

in advance thank you for your help, it's to develop configurable models for a line of custom glasses

CLDT

capture3.jpg

It must be the 22.35 rating that makes a mess

@ GM

The line hook in the center of the arches, it seems to work, the only thing is how do I make them move using the sides?

yes or offset look carefully if nothing blocks a dimension that would not be placed properly

@+

Well I don't understand !!! sometimes I can change sides it doesn't move too much and sometimes it distorts everything 

and from what I understand to be able to use the families it is necessary to abort that the modification of the dimensions works !!

I think I'm forgetting something or maybe that I have to rebuild everything, but I was told that it was better to draw with bows than with splines, that's what I did, but I admit to being out of ideas and this project is important and urgent

Thank you again for your help 

2 screenshots to try to explain my problem

20120105154458.rar