Vary the size of the dispute sketch elements

Hello

To dimension a sketch, it is advisable to fix certain points.

To do this, you have to click on the point in question, then a small context menu appears, and you have to click on the anchor to fix it. This will simplify the sketch.

You can also create an offset between your inner and outer sketch and then cut and modify the latter to have a different final sketch, but keep the offset (it works if you have the same profile).

Hello

I don't necessarily have the solution but just 2 thoughts to try to move the thing forward:

- can't you replace some dimensions with constraints (tangent, colinary, ...) to try to reduce the number of values imposed

- Wouldn't it be simpler to dissociate the inner and outer contours into 2 sketches (it would avoid having to solve everything at the same time).

1 Like

Hi aedstudio

After a good night's sleep and a few tries this morning

The only viable thing to keep the same proportion is:

to create your basic sketch you save

you open a blank sketch

and then play with the tool offset the entities on the inner and outer loop of x mm

see attached

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Thank you for your help, I am starting to understand the working method in solidworks, nothing comparable with rhino, and the chamade advice to put each trace in a different sketch helped me well as the fixed point and to reduce the number of sides.

All that's left to do is to potash the families of elements and I should be able to do it

@ soon

1 Like