Part family for screws with thread representation

Hello soldiworks users.

I'm on SLDW 2016 x64 pro. SP 3.0.

Our design office, for the management of screws and other washers, nuts, ETC.... has already used Toolbox, but has not yet used the problem. Then SolidDIM, but abort following problem. Then today we use families of parts, of our own design.

But alas, for some time now, drifts in these families have appeared (error of handling, or lack of knowledge, or ...). As a result, you can't add new rows to the spreadsheet.

We strongly assume that the problem comes from the thread representation.

We want to start again today with a clean file (within 1 month we will spend at EPDM). The creation of a family is mastered WITHOUT adding a thread representation. But WITH, it's drama. The representation does not follow the rest of the configurations. (I guess that's not possible actually).

But that it can be the solution...

The final goal is to be able to make the threaded part of a screw or a stud appear in the drawings.

Thank you in advance for your comments to come.

Kind regards.

Hello

In fact, you also have to create a command in the Excel table that configures the thread length and there you should no longer have a problem. See enclosed screws (see M12x100 Stainless steel). You can also move on to the SP4 which has been released...

vis_h_m12.sldprt
1 Like

Hello

Yes, first of all, an update of Solidworks to the latest Service Pack (4.0).

Then are all the configs activated when creating the plans?

Otherwise, when creating the configurations, all the attached options are disabled:

1 Like

Thank you Cobra, I have loaded your H Screw, and is starting to decipher your equations.

For the thread core diameter equation, OK, it is equal to the small diameter formed by the chamfer cone.

For the Length..... your formula.... is complex ^^. Am I saying a stupid thing if it is composing the dimensions that are linked to the "threading" function.... (pitch, net width etc)

I think I should actually go out with your help.

Dsl, Azrod, Cobra, to hit the millet.

In fact these are the manufacturers' data Length@BodySke= screw length and Thread_nom@BodySke and thread length and that's why you have to see the M12x100 Stainless Steel at a Thread_nom@BodySke of 34 because the manufacturers give a thread length of 34mm

Yes,  The formula for thread length function. Another addition of a column for different info, such as the description  and the material to be done, and then, take the complete list.

A good one for Cobra, for his reonse.

Good luck with the update ;-) ...