Unknown fxp file

Hello again,

This time, it's for a little info, no big problems;)

I noticed that Solidworks created folders for me named fxp1, fxp2, fxp3... I have no idea where it can come out... Are these important files? Is there an impact if I delete them? Does anyone know why they were created? What are they for?

They were created at the same level as the files that contain some of my parts (Exploitable, Parts, Transferable).

Attached, a screenshot of the files as well as their composition.

fichier_inconnu.png

These files come from a step or Iges export.

It is not better to remove them if you want to reopen your export in the future.....

It's weird... Because I don't use the STEP or IGES export... I'm using the ACIS export (. SAT) and the dates don't correspond to my exports... The last export I did was on 19/05/14... Nothing in the meantime.

Yes when I talk about export in step or iges, it was from memory, but indeed these files are created during an export in ACIS

And from memory, these fxp folders contain the geometry of the parts.

Put these folders in the trash and open your ACIS, if they open, delete them, if not restore the folders.

But for me, these files should be left in the folder where the . Sat

Didn't you make a backup of your ACIS on 21/05? What would have updated this FXP file?

It seems that there is a link with FloXpress

cf screen

fxp.png
4 Likes

Haaa, congratulations Tomalam, I had completely forgotten... I tested the FloXpress module not long ago, it could match the dates! Besides, as mentioned in a question at the time, I didn't see the point of this module, I'm going to delete these files!

@Bart, no, I haven't made any changes to my ACIS in the meantime, since 19/05, I've only touched them today, hence my previous question by the way (Assembly problem);)

Thank you for your answers!

2 Likes

Indeed, sorry to have misled you......

I had also tested this module but I didn't remember it.

And in the files where there was fxp, I had Sat too.....

In any case, oh to the right answer!

Thank you Tomalam!

2 Likes