Default modified part file

Hello

I created a part file template with specific file properties under a different name (not the original solidworks parts).

When I create a new room I have the properties already pre-filled).

But when I create a new part from an assembly, it is the default part model that is created, I then lose all my pre-filled fields in the properties, or should I change, in the soptions I presume but I don't see or exactly.

Kind regards.

Hello

Try changing the default templates in Tools/Options/Default templates. And change the "Parts" field in your case.

Or check the second option which will ask you to choose the template each time you create a document (can get tedious).

8 Likes

+1 Benoit!

Here is the screen shot

modele.png
2 Likes

Otherwise, once you've changed your part and its properties to make a default model, all you have to do is save it as a model where all Solidworks model parts are saved. (I don't remember the extension though)

So, when you make a new part, you will have the choice between the default Solidworks part and your default part. All you have to do is choose;)

1 Like

. PRTDOT for part model expansion

. ASMDOT for Assembly Model

. DRWDOT for the drawing template

;)

2 Likes

Oh yes, that's it! Well done Bart

Personally I didn't bother, I saved instead of the default model.

I kept the original ones but in another folder to which I don't give access to solidworks

Thank you very much for your answer

1 Like