Corrupted Solidworks2020 Files

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the imported file as STEP (assambly). Sometimes some parts that make up the whole thing turn gray without any possibility to undo the deletion and when I try to open them I get the message "corrupted file".

Is there someone who can help me?

1 Like

Hello

Maybe you can play with the options for importing step files. 

I'll try, thank you

It doesn't work

Hello

This seems to show that he may not find his way back to the various WWTPs.
It may be that the ASM-STEP issuer is not rigorous in preparing the STEP export and one time it works and other times it doesn't.

Then you need to know if you use the STEP parts separately from the ASM to machine these parts separately for example or if you use it as a STEP without changing anything (typically a multi-part 3D print)
If you don't use them separately, save the ASM-STEP in part and do the shape recognition, then once in SLDPRT make a STEP export.

Since we don't know what you do with the ASM-STEP, it's hard to help you!

Can you post an ASM-STEP that is declared corrupted by your system? (if it's possible do a "pack and go")

Kind regards

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the solution. I managed to find the grayed out files by saving once again in STEP format.

On the other hand I lost my config .... It was a jack with the min and max configurations made by me.

Thank you once again.