Parts files

Hello

I didn't know how to title the titles of my question.. ^^

I would like to know if it is possible to replace one part file style with another.

Let me explain:

I have a colleague who has made parts on a certain type of parts files (almost original to solidworks), there is no file property in them (mass, processing...).

Personally, I work differently when I design, and I retrieve all the information about my parts in my cartridge via the file properties.

Hence my question, is it possible to make it so that when I open his parts, it is my parts file models with his 3D....

so that I don't have to rewrite everything manually?

Kind regards.

Hello

A solution:

There is a simple way to do that. 
1. Create new part with new template. 
2. Isert your old part (insert->part menu) 
3. Choose to transfer all entities and choose option "Break link to original part". 
4. click OK  
5. Delete folder from tree. 
Thats all. You have old part on new template.

And a macro: 

https://forum.solidworks.com/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fswtools.cad.de%2Fcgi-bin%2Ftopdl%2Fdownload.pl%3Ffile%3Dmac_copydoc.zip

Spring: 

https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/24989

Otherwise, you can also do this with the myCADtools utilities:

CopyOptions is exactly that, and Integration probably will, too.

4 Likes

If it's just the properties, just copy and paste from one part (your model) to another (your colleague's file)

1 Like

In the mycad tools I would have used Batchproperties more to copy the properties of a part  or assembly to a whole folder (the one where you want to add the properties)

2 Likes

I think BatchProperties will limit itself to properties and not take into consideration all options.

Hello

You are all quick in the morning...

1 Like

Lol manu ^^

I find these programs in the mycadtools setup?

One last question on this subject, is there a file that summarizes the functionality of all the programs that make up the MYCADTOOL installation?

Here is a presentation doc in PDF

Happy reading

Mick

presentation_des_utilitaires_2016.pdf

thank you, in the meantime I found the 2014 ...

By the way, we're still in SW2014, can I use mycadtools 2016? I logically installed the 2014. should I stay on it?

Yes, by the way, the use is blocked, even if you installed it, you should not see the myCADtools 2016 add-in appear in SolidWorks 2014, this is explained by the fact that SW 2016 APIs can be used in some tools, these APIs did not necessarily exist in 2014.

Have a nice day

Mick

Thank you for the answer, please eun eprecision ?

So I installed mycadtools, I flipped through the pdf to see what was interesting,

I noticed that I don't have "mycadtoolbar" and "custom toolbar" in the list of installed programs. Is this normal?

Hello

myCADtoolbar is simply the toolbar that contains all the myCADtools tools you have when you check the myCADtools add-in in SolidWorks.

CustomToolbar is another add-in that installs at the same time as myCADtools and allows you to create a SOLIDWORKS toolbar that can contain anything (an application, a Word file, a PDF procedure...) You can adjust the visibility (example: Icon visible in plan but not in room and asm)

In addition, CustomToolbar allows you to launch applications via SolidWorks events, for example you want to launch SmartProperties or the Windows calculator when creating a part, well you need CustomToolbar to set it up.

Good customization

Mick