Freeze an assembly

Hello
With each small modification (change of the location of the component, of the name...) the assembly is destroyed. I'm wondering if I can save the assembly in another format (other than part because it's not worked) in order to freeze it.
Thank you

once each piece has been constrained

You just have to fix each piece

then you can move your assembly wherever you want without risk that it will move

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Hello

You can remove all your constraints once your assembly is finished and fix all your parts but it's not normal for everything to blow up. Which Solidworks and which version (2016 sp1) do you have ?

2 Likes

At the same time gt22   ^_^

2 Likes

once all the parts are well constrained

Fix all parts
Here's a  quick technique
- I select the first part in the tree
- I press "shift" and I hold down
- I go down the tree with the elevator
- I click on the last piece in the tree
- I right-click "fix"

depending on the number of parts, SW must be given time to pedal between 2 operations.

@+ ;-)

@ cobra and yes same time ;-)

PS: Be careful the sub-assemblies will not be fixed

if you have sub-assemblies you have to do the same

1 Like

Hello

@ gt22 and ac cobra 427 : I have the impression that you are answering alongside. If I understood the original message correctly, it would be more like a file move and its renaming.

The renaming in the feature manager goes very well (existing function since 2016 if my memory serves me correctly), on the other hand moving a file without going through Solidworks Explorer or by opening the moved file first before opening the assembly can only make the assembly jump.

For my part, if these are the cases, I don't consider it a minor modification from a Solidworks point of view (it's the basis of SW)

3 Likes