Round Thread

Hello

Are you using the Thread tool http://help.solidworks.com/2016/french/solidworks/sldworks/r_thread_propertymanager.htm

my concern is the following, I would like to add a Round profile type NF F 00-032 but it doesn't seem to want to take it into account because the two profiles must overlap, have you ever tried?

Kind regards

Can you send your .sldlfp file to check that you have filled in the references and dimensions correctly?

PS: I tested using one of the existing files (Métric Die) and it works well. Have you set a reference point? Have you successfully placed your profile in: C:\ProgramData\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2016\Thread Profiles?

2 Likes

Hi, have you tried to "cheat" by putting odds like 4.999 for 5???

This sometimes allows you to keep a tangent without Solid making a mistake.

Kind regards

4 Likes

Yves.T I started from scratch to generate my profile so at the beginning it was missing the sketch line for the step but he didn't talk to me about a sketch point :/

G. it's an alternative but I'm the first to shout when we do hacks like this :/

I'm the second one to shout but with Solidworks without hacking we waste a lot of time unfortunately...

Kind regards

3 Likes

Yves.T after checking my sketch I have everything I need the sketch line the point but he didn't want so I did the methods of G. see image below where Pj I stopped my profile 0.01 mm before the finish and the TADA its working :/

So I'm going to open a support request for a real cheat-free solution^^

filet_rond.png
3 Likes

I tested it last night and came to the same conclusion.

1 Like

In some cases of removal by sketch, I add a volume in the sketch, for tangency concerns, or others...

To try?

Compared to the sketch, just put the vertical line on the left in dashed,

reset the dimensions without notching to .999999

and to create a rectangle  (1 H line offset by 0.2, and 2 verticals) to close the sketch

1 Like

olivier42 I see the idea I treat his :) indeed it has already happened to me to have to do this :/

EDIT unfortunately in this case it doesn't work :/

filetage_rond.png