Filetages et taraudages

I am currently working on projects in the oil and gas field

I have some problems with the threads and threads to the NPT, UN, UNF and Tapered Gas standards.

Although used in all continents, I can't find any possibility in SolidWorks that allows me to represent these threads/taps.

I even looked in the English-speaking forums, but nothing...

I am therefore looking for feedback from other users, opinions and advice, on SolidWorks but also on other CAD software.

How do you represent these types of threads/taps?

Thank you all for your help and feedback.

Louis

2 Likes

Hello Louis,

Are you looking for a special graphic representation or rather an annotation that corresponds to the standards you have mentioned?

Mickael

2 Likes

Hello

To start with, I invite you to look at the (free) libraries of our partner TracePart

Use search to find what you want, for example here I searched on the term NPT (Briggs)

http://www.lynkoa.com/recherche/npt

Then, maybe it would be good to download one of the components, see how it was designed at the thread level.

Drawing the component will certainly give good indications...

I think that we should not try to make absolutely a graphic representation, but more an indication through annotations.

At your disposal to discuss this interesting problem.

2 Likes

Indeed, the graphic representation of any thread does not add anything to the design. Rating, on the other hand, is important.

Bastien

Hello

I agree Bastien and Mickael, the representation of the thread itself does not generally bring much to the drawing, on the other hand the annotation is very important.

For my part, I make a normal thread and change the annotation. Yes it's not the best, but it relieves the drawing of the nets, and the annotation speaks for itself...

Have a good day and good luck

Hello all,

Thank you for your answers.

So yes, for me it is indeed a question of having an annotation corresponding to the standards cited.

But what I would like to avoid is to manually touch the annotations.

In short, all ideas for optimization to save time are welcome.

Hello Louis,

To avoid having to manually re-type the annotation for each of your holes, you need to use the tool: Toolbox Settings. (Start, Programs, SolidWorks, SolidWorks Tools)

Once the tool starts, you have the possibility to copy a standard by clicking on the ISO standard for example, once the standard is derived into a new standard, you will have the possibility to modify it.

Mickael

2 Likes

Thank you Mickael,

I went to see, I didn't know anything about it. I don't even remember seeing this in training :-(

I'm going to look into these toolbox parameters to see what I can get out of them.

Thanks for the help anyway

I had a hard time finding it but try this

Insertion, note, thread representation. You choose the circle, the standard, the step, the threaded length.

After if you want to see the nets without slowing down the PC:

option, document properties, wrap, checkbox: shaded filter representations, OK

in addition to the drawing but the fine line, the tip of the drilling, the 3/4 of a circle for the holes,

and the annotations all write in 1 click

net.sldprt

Hello

Another possibility is to make your own standard with personal drilling and tapping

I did it to do gas tapping on SW 2007

Now with the drilling wizard tool, you can customize the function in the middle

Denis