Fixing in HDPE

Hi all 

I am looking for an article (+CAD if possible) concerning the fixing in an HDPE tray on a simple mechanically welded structure in square tube via gussets.

Insert, socket, dowel or other allowing fixing in the thickness of a PEHD500 plate (or even 1000) without going through the material.

I am looking for stainless steel (316L preferably) for the agro sector.

Does anyone have a brand or reference for this type of product?

Thank you for your invaluable help.

Hello @MEPconcept

The literature on the subject is abundant, especially among HDPE and insert suppliers (google is our enemy), the technical characteristics allow RDM to be done with SW simulation

It should be specified:
- the thickness of your HDPE 1000 (important for inserts that are not available in all lengths
- whether you want self-tapping inserts or not
- the location of the holes in relation to the edge of the HDPE plate.
- the general conditions of use (shocks, traction, twisting or not).
-Plate placed and fixed flat or shaped bent during assembly.
- the type of support on which the HDPE will be fixed (is there a joint between the frame and the plate) and for the mechanically welded frame, the conditions for screwing through the tube of the latter.
- Will the inserts work in traction, important to know if they should be supported or not.

In short, everything that allows you to identify the mechanical stresses that your HDPE and inserts will undergo.

Kind regards.

5 Likes

Hello

You can use self-drilling machines, it works well on site, otherwise bolt everything together and use the gussets and your welded mechanic frame for your MEP;)

Cdt

3 Likes

2 avenues to be explored:
- Bollhoff amtec insert
- Emile Maurin 79710 socket
- Gardette insert for soft materials Intervis

5 Likes

Thank you Zozo_mp

In no uncertain terms... I just want "something" to hold a PEHD500 20 mm thick plate on a tube frame without it going through the board.

Whether they come in by self-tapping or by the force of my big mallet doesn't matter to me. I'll see according to price, deadlines etc.

The location of the holes in relation to the edges is far enough away for this to be taken into account.

It's for a cutting board of the bidoche xD

1 Like

Hello @MEPconcept

AMHA takes self-tapping machines but above all no forced shank because HDPE even if it is very strong is not very flexible and it risks splitting because you will put a strong constraint that may be released if the meat cutter hits the plate to cut something.

Kind regards

1 Like