Fix Function Bars

Hi all

Nothing is more annoying than moving function bars while working on SolidWorks...

Is there a way to fix them (in the options I think), because I couldn't find anything that allowed me to do it.

Thank you:)

Aim Up Display toolbar

A transparent toolbar in each viewport provides all the tools commonly used to manipulate the view.

Custom views and camera views that you set appear on the View Orientation drop-down icon.

This toolbar replaces the Display context menu associated with the reference trihedron.

To customize the Aim Up View toolbar, click Tools > Customize and select the Toolbars tab :   

• Select or disable the View (Aim Up) toolbar to show or hide it.
  • To add buttons to a toolbar, select the Commands tab . Drag a button from the chosen category to the toolbar. We recommend that you look for buttons in the Drop-down Toolbars and View categories .
  • To reorder buttons, drag them to their new location on the toolbar.
  • To remove a button, drag it out of the toolbar.

To show or hide the Aim Up Display toolbar, you can also select or disable Display > Toolbars > View (Aim Up) toolbars.

Hello

I did not quite understand the question. Are the bars anchored or floating?

Moving toolbars

To move a toolbar:

Drag the toolbar by the handle at the beginning of the toolbar :

• To a different location in the window border or to a different window border.
  • Away from the window border to make the toolbar float in the graphics area.

A title bar appears on floating toolbars.

To return a floating toolbar to its previous position, double-click the title bar.

1 Like

Hello

You have to right-click on the bars and customize then check on the left "lock commadmanager and toolbars"

4 Likes

@manu67,  Yes it looks like this, but I guess this option is only available since the 2016 version, but I might be wrong. because as I said before, no trace of an option of this type in my options:(
(I'm still in 2014 SP5 for the moment for practicality and various feedback)

This is the kind of bars I was talking about. It's a real pain for me, even if I use keyboard shortcuts and contextual floating boxes a lot.

1 Like

Here's what has already been said on the site:

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/barres-d-outils

3 Likes

Yes, so it's an improvement to make to Solidworks, the fact of fixing your toolbars on the "rails".

Thank you anyway!

Edit: Ok @manu67, that's what I thought too. too bad, I'll have to wait a little now:)

In fact it's possible in 2016, it's like I mentioned in the post.

1 Like