Function bookcase domed background

Hello I tried to make a library function for curved backgrounds, but I can't get it to work properly.

The goal is to put a curved bottom on a tube.

I'll let you follow the function.

I've already done another library function that works, but with extrusions, I have the impression that with a revolution it is a problem.

Any opinions?

fb_fond_bombe_iso.sldlfp

Hello

I did library functions by removing material on solidworks 2014...

I can confirm that his pass... On the other hand I can't try your function, I can't open it under which version of solidworks are you?

Not revolutions sorry I forgot to specify (sorry I can't edit my previous post :x)

Hi Matthew,

I modified your sldlfp (clean, don't rely on a plan that doesn't exist in the target room, remove the unnecessary function, undo the deletion of the sketch and function in all configurations and it seems to work for me)

Here is the attached file

Keep me informed

Mick

fb_fond_bombe_iso.sldlfp
3 Likes

Thank you mick

I tested your version, and it works, but not as I wanted.

In fact I would have liked to select my pipe face to insert my curved bottom, with your function I have to create an additional plan.

Maybe I'm not very clear..??

FYI: To do my function I tried to copy the spirit of function already present in solidworks, hence maybe my method a bit strange!

There were too many elements, because I did tests that I left in the function to come back to ..

I'm on solidworks 2015.

Attached is another function (flange) that works as I want by selecting the face of the tube, and this principle that I wanted to do on the domed bottom!

In any case thank you Mike, at least it works!!

fb_bride_plate_01.a_iso.sldlfp
1 Like

Thank you mick

I tested your version, and it works, but not as I wanted.

In fact I would have liked to select my pipe face to insert my curved bottom, with your function I have to create an additional plan.

Maybe I'm not very clear..??

FYI: To do my function I tried to copy the spirit of function already present in solidworks, hence maybe my method a bit strange!

There were too many elements, because I did tests that I left in the function to come back to ..

I'm on solidworks 2015.

Attached is another function (flange) that works as I want by selecting the face of the tube, and this principle that I wanted to do on the domed bottom!

In any case thank you Mike, at least it works!!

fb_bride_plate_01.a_iso.sldlfp

It's a little more complicated:

You have to add your axis and your plan to the library, the problem is that Plan 1 is created with the top plane, so it always asks for the top plane as a reference.

You then have to find a way to create Plan 1 without relying on the top plan, but I don't really see how to do it, if anyone has an idea it would be cool.

I'm still looking a little on my side.

Mick

fb_fond_bombe_iso_-2.sldlfp
1 Like

In the end, the problem remains.

If you look at the flange function, you can see that you are leaning on one side of a tube that you are not adding to the library. I can't do the same for the curved bottom!

Any other ways to solve this problem?

You can't compare with your flange because you're using an extrusion, it's much simpler in this case because you don't need a revolve plan.

But if anyone has another idea, I'll take it

Hi Matthew,

With the help of a colleague we found a solution, see the attached ichier.

You have to put the sldlfp on the pane (circular) side, and you select the two edges of your tube, so, no matter the diameter of your tube, it will fit, I'll let you test and see how it's done. (it's a little bit far-fetched)

Keep me informed

Mick

PS: The first edge to select should be the inner edge.

Part1.SLDLFP
1 Like

@mcordero, is it possible to learn this in Axemble training? If so, in which formation is this explained? Thank you

Hello Aurélien,

I think it's possible, it has to be an advanced "personalized" training, or maybe consulting, basically, I think you have to prepare what you want to see on your side  and talk to your salesperson about it

A+

Mick

1 Like

Hello mick

Well done the trick for the creation of the plan. This is the key to the problem.

I modified my piece with your trick by simplifying the number of selections.

Here's what it looks like (in PC)

fb_fond_bombe_iso.sldlfp