Library Function

Hi all

I am currently working on setting up a library of functions in the field of HVAC. The purpose of this library is to bring together several transformation parts for galvanized ducts such as Round-square, Hopper, concentric reductions, eccentrics, etc. I managed to create several parts but a recurring bug appears on some of my smoothings. When inserting some of my functions, an error message appears like "Unable to create this function with the selected references" I really don't understand because my concentric reduction works, not my eccentric reduction that I took from the concentric. Same thing for my square circles! However, I have checked 10 times the relationships between my sketches and the references are well chosen!

During the error message, you can clearly see the start and end frames of my hoppers fall into place but not the smoothing. As soon as I press OK on the error message, everything is erased... I don't understand anything anymore... Could anyone help me? I attach two library functions: a centered reduction and an off-center one. The first step and the second bug!! Would someone be able to explain to me what is wrong with my duties?

Thank you very much!

fonctions.zip

Hello, I didn't understand everything....

I have your pieces in front of me, at home it seems to work...

Hello again, following a stroke of luck, I managed to solve the reduction scrée bugger... However, when I linked it above, it didn't work for me, @Bart I don't know how you managed to make it work without modifying it???  :(

I send this square circle back, could you tell me if it works? It's the part I have the most problems with!

(The references to be taken are 1face and three points clockwise)

Thanks in advance

red_rond-carre_1_cote_aligne.sldlfp

Attached, a screenshot of my problem: You can see the rectangular base and the circular base of the square circle that are created but the smoothing refuses to be put in place !!

bug_fct_bib.png

Hi @ Joss.G

To limit the problems try not to make a cylinder but facets on your sketches

These veneers will pick up your folds more easily

especially for round square transitions and eccentrics

which moreover is the unfold is only done corectly on straight lines

@+ ;-)

@gt22: Hello, your advice is good but it turns out that I don't work in sheet metal work but in welded mechanics because I don't need the unfolded of my ducts. The only unfolded that could interest me is the unfolded square circle but I have already created a base that I can modify as I wish. Only the graphic representation of my ducts interests me for the moment!

Give me your section and length and thickness

that I'm looking for the why and how

I'm on SW 2012

@+ ;-)

So, I have a 30mm long frame that must fit on a rectangular section, a smoothing of adjustable length, a final cylinder of modular section and length 30 mm and an overall thickness of sheet metal of 1mm

I don't know if it's clear but basically, the rectangular section must fit my sheath, the circular section must and the length of the smoothing must be modular!

Please take the time for this;)

here is your file on SW 2012

Round Rectangle Reduction

Made of surface and thickened

It's up to you to set the sections and length via the plane offset

@+ ;-)

reduction_rectangle_rond.sldprt

here is your file on SW 2012

Eccentric Round Rectangle Reduction

Made of surface and thickened

It's up to you to set the sections and length via the plane offset

@+ ;-)

reduction_rectangle_rond_excentrique.sldprt

@gt22, thank you for the time you spent on this but I admit that I don't understand what you sent me? I know how to make the same type of square circle very easily, my problem comes from the fact that when I convert it into a function, at insertion, the bug I mentioned above appears (the smoothing does not follow and the function bugs) ! However, you sent me a document file constrained to its origin... If only one of my sketches is constrained at the origin (unless it's the "raw" bit), the function (.sldlfp) won't work.

I think you didn't understand my problem well:(

1 Like

Have you watched this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/tuto-bibliotheque-de-tuyauterie-sous-solidworks

it is true that he is essentially talking about cylindrical tube but it is KIF KIF

for your eccentric reductions

since it works via an extrusion, or a blaying along an axis it may block

so you have to create a mini part for me (like for example a commercial valve)

that you can set up as you wish via equations and part families

having previously named what is to be

@+ ;-)

Thank you for the link to the gt22 tutorial but it turns out that unfortunately, I don't have the premium version of SW14 and therefore not the routing utility!!

So, I tried many times to recreate my part, and after a while, the function worked even though it seems to me that I didn't do any specific manipulations...

Anyway, if anyone has already had this problem and knows the source, I would be delighted if they could explain the basic problem to me. Otherwise, basically, to get by, you have to fiddle with the sketches and the sketch relationships a little in all directions and after a while, the function fits in well!

The magic of Solidworks =)

@gt22, in any case, thank you for getting involved in my problem even if the solutions you brought me don't exactly correspond to my needs;)

Attached, the library functions that I finally managed to create if anyone is interested?

fct_bib.zip
1 Like