Inverted bending function

Hello everyone,

Following a question from a Lynkonaut, where the answer was the use of the flex function.

I wondered if it would be possible to use it the other way around.

That is to say, design your curved part, then decimate it to make a flow MEP (among other things).

More than words, a pretty image.

It is a Ø114.3 tube with a bending radius of 317.5 (on the neutral fibre)

And I forgot, SW2014 SP5

Fred.

What are the right parameters to fill in to finally have a nice straight tube (and while we're at it with the right length developed).

sans_titre.png

To bend a tube, you have to go through the sheet metal module.

For a tube debent, this is not possible, unless your tube is open, in which case the tube will be unfolded. But that's not what you're looking for.

Try by modeling a square bar under the sheet metal module and not a tube. To the brushed folded sheet metal function or to a conversion to sheet metal.

1 Like

with the deform tool it works pretty well

to check the odds that I didn't do

but for such a simple piece you just have to take the sides of the straight parts and measure the neutral fiber and you add the whole thing

I attached the file to you in SW 2012

@+ ;-))

deplier_tube_outil_deformer.sldprt

The purpose of the question would be to be able to "decintre" tube panels (basically walls composed of a row of tubes separated by flats).

In some cases, there are openings (door passage, manhole, etc...) and bending (so that the panel makes the wall and roof) and "decinting the panel would have helped me to make a "flat" plan of the panel to make the cuts before bending.

For the design of the tubes (and panels) I use the welded construction (it gives me the developed length and helps me to make my wolf faces).

with SW it's the goal to work in real 3D

so flattening your wall, ceiling and floor does not fit into the function of the log

but nothing prevents you from conciding your walls, roof and floor in sheet metal and making your tube passages, laying your tablecloths and projecting everything on these surfaces wall, roof, floor

and after unfolding your building sheet metal base

well if I understood correctly ;-( not sure actually

I answered you it seems to me to your unfolded tube which works almost with some loss in the folds

@+ ;-))

1 Like

Here is the type of product that I think could help you in your problem

See this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/presentation-smap-3d-piping-isometrique

@+ ;-))

1 Like

Basically, add a piece of sheet metal that would represent my walls with the openings and the unfolded one works perfectly. (I hadn't thought about this solution)

The deform tool works as you say pretty much fine.

But to make something good enough and clean enough for a drawing its my seems to do a lot of extra steps. I think that for these few shots I will keep my old technique (a new piece that will be the unfolded of the first one).

I don't design piping, I just follow the customers' overall plans.

Thank you very much for your help.

2 Likes