Multi-Extrusion Feature on SOLIDWORKS

Hello

I often use a function on CATIA called Multi-extrusion to minimize functions and sketches on the tree

My question, is this function available on SOLIDWORKS or not?

I searched a lot without result

Thank you in advance for your answers

Hello

I don't believe this feature exists in Solidworks; I've been working with it for 15 years and I've never heard of it

2 Likes

Hello

The principle on SW is: 1 extrusion = 1 single volume.
So no multi..

2 Likes

Hello 

You can always do one sketch and several extrusions! 

1 Like

Hello

"ac cobra 427" "todesco" Thank you very much

"Haderack " Thank you and can you please explain to me or send me screenshots of the Icon on SW to understand (m.ouatar@gmail.com)

Thank you very much and have a good day..

Hello

Simply on your sketch plan, you create your sketch with  several closed contours (with the shapes you want to have) You use your extrusion  by choosing your outline you want, and if you want to use the second outline you take your function and you click on your sketch again where you have all drawn. This is called a shared sketch. 

Its working with all the functions, you can have a sketch and 3-4 functions associated with it. After the problem is that it's always on the same level. 

But maybe you can find your way around it more easily? after its can quickly become a mess^^ 

I hope I helped you!

Have a nice day

1 Like

A single sketch can contain multiple contours and serve multiple extrusions.
But each extrusion remains a different and unique volume.

1 Like

Thank you all,

"  Haderack " thank you but on the tree we will always have a lot of functions, and it's not the case on CATIA

You have the option to group functions into folders.

3 Likes