How Cleanproject works with ePDM

Hello

I'm having problems getting Cleanproject to work with an assembly saved in the PDM vault.

When I validate the search for files to move, I get a dialog box that tells me that the assembly needs to be rebuilt.

When I click OK, the search stops.

There must be something I'm not doing well, but what?

Thank you for your help

Paschal

Hello

You must uncheck the option "Add external part references" in the CleanProject utility. See the image of the doc.

Kind regards

cleanproject.jpg

Indeed, when this option is checked in the "Search Options" it blocks all processing by this window.

JMSAVOYAT:

I tried without this option, but it only saw the Solidworks temporary files.

For it to work properly, all the elements to be processed must be extracted.

After extracting all the contents of my working folder, the operation worked.

OK.

Of course, you have to extract all the files. The CleanProject utility does not work directly in the vault as well as BatchConverter, BatchProperties, DrawingTranslate, Integration, PowerPrint, SmartDrawings, UpdateVersion etc...

From the aforementioned tools, support now allows the integration of the connection to an EPDM vault. This integration is mainly located at the level of file selection (local copying, extraction from the vault, archiving) and evolves within each myCADtools tool for the functions of searching for use cases for example.  These tools are accessible only with a myPDMtools license .

Kind regards

2 Likes