Solidworks ratchet wheel operation

Hello

I try in vain to get a ratchet wheel (see attached image) to work on solidworks. Unable to keep the pawls on the sprocket profile. Impossible to put a "cam" constraint. Does anyone have the solution?

capture_cliquet.jpg

Creates Waist Radii

at least equal to your pawls

to the right of your cogwheel 

And creates surfaces

1 gear wheel

2 pawls

and constrains these surfaces

@+

@gt22

Good news! I didn't understand anything!  Especially like you do to make the wheel 360°. The problem is that the pawl goes up and down and drives the wheel back and forth.

I'm not sure that the mechanical constraints of the "Rack and pinion" type function in this specific case.

But hey, it's morning, I'm not warmed up yet ;-)

Kind regards

Hello, I tried" on my side to make a simple ratchet wheel and add the constraint, so far no problem, on the other hand the outside of the animation it works on some teeth and then locks, simply by the fact that the anti-reverse "jumps" from one tooth to another instead of following the profile. All this because the back of the tooth is stiff, if you do the same thing by making a tooth with a gentler slope the constraint will work much better but will not correspond to your mechanism.

To sum up the cam function is not suitable for a ratchet wheel, because it is supposed to have loss of contact between the 2 parts.

Here's my example and the one that works in the box.

1 Like

Good evening FUZ3D

This confirms what I was presenting ;-)

I think that to get around the problem you have to start with a simple spline put in line and a single point on the ratchet.

It works very well including either as a simple anti-reverse click or as a drive ratchet with the ratchet going from left to right alternately.

I have it a bit of a snatch (the pliny is ugly but hey it works ;-)   ) but you just have to hide the spline and presto! nor seen! nor known! This is the idea that needs to be explored further.  (see attached image)

Kind regards

roue_cliquet_animee.jpg
2 Likes