Tensile force

Hello

I am currently trying to find out the value of the tractive effort necessary for a system to be in equilibrium. The system in question: a load of 8000 kg, on an 8% slope.

Is there a tool to give me the right formula? Can any of you guide me on the formula?

Sincerely, Hugo

You should find what you are looking for HERE

Website already consulted, I find an X value, and on another site with a more "simplistic"  method that says that the tensile force is equal to the force P that we multiply by the sine of the angle of the slope I find a Y value...

1 element is missing to determine this effort: is the load on wheels or does it slide plane on plane?

What have you already found/tried as a site/formula?

At first I start with the simplest hypothesis, a simple load with a plane support (even if the product in question is a trailer on two axles).

I tried the site mentioned above by PhilippeB: the value found for the required tractive force is of the order of 139 kN for a speed Vf = 6km/h in t = 10s.

I also applied the PFS on a balanced system that gives me only 11 kN: via the formula found at the end on the traction axis: P*sin(8) - T = 0

Thank you to those who answered, I found the solution and the effort I was looking for.

Hugo