Remote Force under Simulation

Hi all.

I'm trying to simulate an IK10 test on a part under Solidworks... that is to say the fall of a mass of 5Kg at 0.4m height on my piece.
And that's where the bottom hurts: I can't figure out how to put a force at a distance from the room

Hello;

We talk about it here:

(time marker: 10:55)

… eratum: It seems that you can drop the part (or assembly) on the floor but not to drop something on the part...

Kind regards.

1 Like

It's almost the same, but in reverse :wink:
So, there may be a way to do something with it!

@Maclane : well actually... No! Obviously, when we have the premium version of Solidworks, we don't have access to all the simulation options. So I'm only able to do static calculation. Joy and happiness! :sleepy:

Indeed dear @coin37coin ... you have to drop a very big ticket to access the " Solidworks Simulation Professional " version...
But I wonder if an agreement is not possible (depending on the complexity and confidentiality of the piece to be massacred with a 5 Kilo sledgehammer) between your request and a user of this forum with this type of version...
Notice to amateurs?

1 Like

The idea is not unpleasant ... but not viable since it has to be done with all our projects :slight_smile:

No, never mind, I would continue to regret the Creo simulation while drooling over the modules out of Solidworks' reach :laughing:

Edit: On the other hand, I just found the " remote charging" function. To see how it works, but I think it does the job. I'll keep you posted

I've never simulated this kind of thing but I'm willing to try if the linear statics module is enough, it will give me a little exercise... what is the CDC?

Hello @coin37coin

Remote charging is not for that.
It is used to simulate either a weight or a force that is applied to what you calculate without having to create a mesh to make this connection. There are therefore strong limitations on what this function allows you to do (for example, you should not look at all at all at what happens on the faces of your part used to put this remote loading, especially if you use the ' rigid ' option, because it makes the faces you have selected non-deformable).

1 Like