Force a sketch

Hi all

I try to do a little trick that I thought was simple but in the end, I eat my fingers:p

To put it simply, I have a stem that can rotate 120° on each side. This jib supports containers to pour them into a tank next to it. To represent where the spout of my container will be, I created a simple sketch but I would have liked this sketch to appear all the time in my assembly. Do you have a solution to make sure that only this sketch appears visible when I open my assembly? And if it can appear in color, it would be the best of the best! I fumbled a lot, especially with the line formats but I don't find anything convincing.

Basically, I would like only one sketch to remain visible and if possible in color outside of sketch editing mode. (The solution of hiding the other sketches one by one doesn't suit me because I'll need them one day or another and I'm not going to have fun hiding everything and making everything reappear with each edition...)

Thank you for your answers!

1 Like

Hello

In the tree on the sketch concerned right-click show

In the View menu, uncheck all except sketch

5 Likes

Hello

Can you put a screen print of SE whatever you want??? Did you make this sketch in a room or in the assembly? 

1 Like

Hi @ Joss

question

Why not try to make your spout in surface?

1 Like

Hello

@.PL, this solution works on the other hand, as I said above, it requires me to hide all the other visible sketches one by one and it doesn't suit me:(

@cobra, I made this sketch in my assembly. On the attachment, I did the @PL method to show only this sketch but over time, this method doesn't suit me because when I insert my subassembly into my general assembly, there are several other sketches that appear and that I use for positioning and so I would like to keep them visible when I show my sketches.

Basically, I'd like to see this meme sketch when I'm hiding all the sketches... Do you have any idea?

Thank you

EDIT: ha no, I didn't hide my sketches in my screenshot. Sorry.

potence.jpg

Hi @gt22,

I could but I don't master the surface well....

And how can it help me?

Cdt

Joss.G

But if you do:

1) Sorting the sketches only with the tree filter:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/Filtering_the_FeatureManager_Design_Tree.htm

2) a multiple selection of the sketches you don't want to display, selecting the first one with one click, then the last one with the SHIFT key before the second click

3) you right-click hide

And then you can bring up the sketch that you want.

If it doesn't work, it's possible with an amcro, but if not, no other solution...

Yes, after looking in more detail, it seems like it's the only viable solution... It bothers me a little because it will make me do a lot of repetitive steps throughout my project but I can't find any other solution:(

Thank you all for your answers!

1 Like

This will allow you to create your 120° space of clutter which moreover is as you are going to create it in surface you will have a surface file and you will just have to hide it or not according to your need

see attached file SW 2012

@+

which of + is you have a surface file ;-)

zone_de_deplacement_joss.sldprt
1 Like

What if you created a part in the assembly by taking this sketch in ep 0.01 and in thin function of 0.1. It would be visible and would have no existence in the nomenclatures since it is built in the assembly. For that I'm not sure anymore but at worst you click on it and have it excluded from the nomenclature...

2 Likes