Exchange format without a building tree (SLDWRKS 2017)

Hello

I would like to export an SLDWRKS assembly in an exchange format without a building tree, and only recover a dead body.

Thank you for your help

Either do a sat or step export and reimport, or look at the "defeature" function

2 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

The STEP format retains bodies and I don't have access to the SAT format since SLDWRKS

The Defeature function also transforms parts into separate bodies

Cdlmnt,

The ACIS format (.sat extension ) also generates separate bodies

Hello @ pgerbelot1

If you want a single body, you have to turn your ASM into a room, then turn it into a neutral format like IGS for example or one of your choice.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

In this case, SLDWRKS also generates different polygon and/or volume bodies depending on the export options

More than one solution is to combine the bodies with each other or even to create physical links, because if you have 2 parts that don't touch each other for x reason, you will always have 2 bodies no matter what.

Let's say that this is the way used by some people who 3d print.

At the risk of having said something stupid, I'm going to test it on my own. :)

So after a little test with the combine function, in my case it doesn't work because it generates a geometry of zero thickness .

But it doesn't cost anything to test with your assembly if it passes.

Hello, what is the purpose of your exchange?

To exchange with my customers I use my speedpack method which allows you to see, look at interferences, there are all the details but impossible to measure or take dimensions, see my tutorial below.

https://www.lynkoa.com/contenu/garder-sa-propri%C3%A9t%C3%A9-intellectuel-avec-un-speepack-0

May the force be with you.

1 Like

Hello

The Combine  function keeps the bodies in the build tree and is found in the export file

Thank you OBI WAN

But Speedpack is not going to help me:I am looking to transfer a model to a customer so that he can only visualize it and not exploit it by extracting parts for example

Hello @ pgerbelot1

sorry to contradict you but speed pack is precisely designed to do and I prefer to the suggestion of @OBI WAN.

Especially in the SW 2019 version, this feature has been improved a lot, also in V 2019 the defeature function also offers new possibilities to combine or not with speedpack.

Maybe we don't understand your PB well ;-) 

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

Save your prt or asm as Edrawings and uncheck the measured option and if it doesn't have Edrawings  to view your file, save your Edrawings in .exe by doing saved as from Edrawings.

2 Likes

This is exactly the function of the speedpack, I can look at possibly placing it in a collision control assembly but impossible to take a side, impossible to extract a part. I'm giving you an assembly, I voluntarily left 4 faces but you won't be able to take dimensions (except on the faces I left) and impossible to extract a part.

May the force be with you

obiwan.sldasm
1 Like

There is also the solution of the 3D PDF which is not usable unless I am mistaken.

Unless your subcontractor has to include it in his own assembly, of course the PDF is not suitable for Edrawing

3 Likes

Hello

This is just to view the file a 3D PDF is very good as said @FUZ3D

Thank you all,

I didn't specify it but the file will have to remain usable under SLDWRKS which eliminates pdf3d and edrawing.

There would be the "defeature" function of SLDWRKS but it crashes my computer!

Cdlmnt,

Hello in addition it is possible to take measurements on a 3d pdf

May the force be with you.

3 Likes