Automatic body rep fusion

Hello

I'm looking for a way to automatically merge bodies after a circular repetition of bodies (random number of bodies according to the values of the properties). I tried with the combine function, but by logic each new body or those that are removed generate a reconstruction defect.

Is there a solution without going through a macro please?

Thank you in advance.

Alex

Hello

This must be due to part specific conditions because using a fairly basic model, I don't have any problems rebuilding (SW2016 SP5). The combine updates well within the limit of the maximum number of repetitions defined at the beginning. (basically if I put 6 at the beginning then 4 no problem, if I go to 7 there is one more body that is not added to the Combine function)

1 Like

I have an idea in mind but would you have a vision of what you want to leak to see:)

1 Like

Look here: https://www.my-cad.fr/actualites/trucs-et-astuces/conception/generic/temps-de-reconstruction-sur-solidworks/

He uses a trick to merge a body repetition, it may help you

1 Like

I thought it too but remains to be seen if it is applicable to the case of a.leblanc

1 Like

Thank you for your answers, finally I managed to find a solution without going through a circular repetition.

Cyril.f, is it possible to define a number of bodies to merge without selecting them?

DSL, MaD is a confidential part...

No worries, the main thing is that you find a solution:)

1 Like

Pascal, very interesting the trick of the ghost function, unfortunately I can't use it in my case, there is a spiral in my tree... Thank you

I didn't look in detail at his tip, it's just that I came across this article yesterday.

When I saw your question, it clicked;)

1 Like

Can the phantom function be a tube profile? for example Ø inside at the bottom of your spiral and Ø outside at the maximum of the diameter:)

1 Like

No, not possible, there is a space between the coils. So I use the flex function, it's heavy but it works, and for the little I would use this part it suits me perfectly.

1 Like