Surface/solid fusion

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Solidworks world, I'm from Pro-eng  and I'm in trouble!!

I made a sketch on a solid with curves and I turned it into surfaces, now I'  m looking to merge the solid with the surface create and

I can't.

Do you have any ideas?

Hello

Can you make a screen print so we can see where to put the piece??? I'm in 2015 and you?

Thank you for your answer

Here!!

Yes, solidworks 2015 version.

It's fusing the surface with the cylinder!

And create only one solid.

cylindre.jpg

I can give you the file!

piece_rond_volumique.sldprt

Sorry for the delay; See if it suits you?

Good night

or this one

piece_rond_volumique_1.sldprt

Thank you  Manu 67

The result is close, but it's in solid my question was more to be solved in surface.

How I can bind a closed surface to the solid and then make the whole thing solid (like on pro-eng)

It works, I watch it during the day. Unless someone else knows the solution.

See this link

for an open surface and volume body via the Intersection tool

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/French/WhatsNew/t_modifying_geometry_intersect.htm

Editing geometry with the Intersect tool

You can create intersections of solids, surfaces, and planes to modify existing geometry, or to create new geometry with the Intersect tool.

For example, you can add an open surface to a solid, remove material from a model, or create geometry from a closed cavity. You can also merge the density bodies you define with the Intersect tool, or close certain surfaces to define closed volumes.

Open surface and volume bodyTwo halves of a mold
Intersect theme image 01.pngMold 01.png
The open surface defines the details you can add to the body with the Intersect tool.The cavity bounded by the two mold bodies defines a body that you can create with the Intersect tool.
Intersect theme image 02.pngMold 02.png
You can remove geometry you don't need with the Intersect tool.You can remove the mold bodies and create a solid from the cavity with the Intersect tool.
Intersect theme image 03.pngMold 03.png

Generally speaking, the surface must be thickened and then a fusion function (insert/function/combine)

Hello, I think I understood what you wanted.

So I made the play for you as I understood it.

If you want to fuse the cerer body from the surface with the cylinder, you just have to edit the "thicken" function and check the merge box.

Keep me up to date if that's what you wanted.

1 Like

1- It seems to be the "normal to profile" option for sketch 10 which is causing problems in the "boundary surface" function. Without this option, the thicken + merge function gives only 1 body.

2- In addition, the stitched surface function creates a second surface, because you have already checked the sew option in your symmetry.

3- Otherwise, you can also from your symmetry, you have the "move face" function, your volume will move its face to the surface you created. You hide your build surface afterwards.

Thank you Mickael

The material is not well fused... look in section a line remains.

I tried with the fusion function, but impossible to link the 2.

cylindre_2.jpg

OPEC 27

I just tried

1) by removing "normal o profile", the thicken function only gives me the choice of a thickness (not the option to create a solid)  if I create a thick enough it works, but in case my cylinder is a 0.5mm thick tube it won't work anymore!

2 I couldn't see the 2 surfaces together as I passed with the mouse in the model tree.

3 Moving the face doesn't work for me!

A+

Here with the files, the -3 with thicken function. the -4 with the offset surface function.

2016-03-07_piece_rond_volumique.rar

with a few images.

1- INIT: in the tree at the top, we have 2 surface bodies + 1 volume body. If you remove the stitched surface, you keep only 1 surface body (symmetry 1 which already has an option to sew surfaces enabled)

2- Thickening 1: resuming the model before the thickening function -> we have 1x surface and 1 volume body. (I shot the sewn surface)

- Thicken 2: With the thicken function, there is only one body.

-thicken fusion: it's just the merge the result option to avoid doing it again afterwards.

3-Move 1: it's just the option of the function. Don't forget the management, otherwise nothing happens.

- move 2: hide the surface used to move the face of the body.

4- Now, if you want to make a tube, you might as well do it after you've done all these operations. Either a shell function if the thickness must be constant, or a simple drilling if the tube has more material in terms of deformation. (see shell image)

- or if you're still fiddling, and you have your tube before your deformation, you can always thicken your surface (symmetry 1), and you combine the bodies you're interested in.

5- Just a remark: in the end, you'll have faster to make a smoothed volume between your 2 planes 1 and 2 with the guide curve 10 (and maybe add one towards the bottom right) and your sketches of the boss...

edit: I just tested if you have a 0.5mm tube, you thicken by 10mm (for example) by merging, then you do your shell function on the faces that protrude from the thicken function in the tube. And you end up with your 0.5mm thick deformed tube everywhere.

2016-03-07__epaissir_et_decaler_et_init.rar

Opiep27

There you go, I'm enclosing the handle I'm working on, "the real" part.

I want to add a domed solid on the top side following the curve I sketched (the shape is the half-moon  as on the example of the cylinder) and the "thin cut" function

How would you do it? 

A+

poignee_test_.sldprt

See attached via with a volume smoothing function

I think it's the simplest walkthrough for this type of room

attached file SW 2012

@+ ;-)

piece1louis_67.sldprt

This is the sketch that was used to make your border surface. To make it disappear, you expand your boundary surface, right-click on sketch 6 and hide it (see attachment)

Otherwise you go to display and you do "hide all types".

You don't need to do anything, it's a construction sketch that you can edit as needed

Have a nice day

esquisse_apparente.jpg

This is the sketch that was used to make your border surface. To make it disappear, you expand your boundary surface, right-click on sketch 6 and hide it (see attachment)

Otherwise you go to display and you do "hide all types".

You don't need to do anything, it's a construction sketch that you can edit as needed

Have a nice day

esquisse_apparente.jpg