Fusion of a 2-piece assembly into 1 piece

Having 2 relatively complex parts assembled, I would like to create a unique part from these 2 parts, knowing that they will be made by laser intering and more in traditional machining.

I couldn't find the merge function on Solidorks 2012. Is this possible? If so, how?

Mrci

Hello

Save your assembly as a part and then combine the two bodies contained in the part file thus generated.

@+

2 Likes

2 solutions:

_Ouvrir one of the 2 rooms

_Insertion/Piece... to insert the 2nd piece into the 1st. and use the constraints proposed at the bottom of the dialeague box.

This gives you the 2 bodies in a room.

Another solution but which cuts the links, in the assembly do "Save as", choose as type "Part (sldprt)" and select the option "All components".

5 Likes

Hi @ m5193

If you save your assembly in part you end up with a single part

here is a solution that is great ;-)

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Thank you

I have 2 bodies in a room now, but no way to make a ray between them. No way to find how to combine bodies. A tutorial?

In the Feature Manager, Volume Sizes folder, Select the 2 sizes, right click "Combine".

View image

screenshot105.jpg

In the Feature Manager, Volume Sizes folder, Select the 2 sizes, right click "Combine"

View image

screenshot105.jpg

Create a new part in the assembly. Insertion of new part. In this new piece make a function combine in order to create one and the same body

If you want to concede your initial assembly with a link to the part that will be the fusion of the 2 parts, it is also possible to use the "join" function.

That way, if the two parts are going to move in relation to each other, there is no need to redo the manipulations.

1 Like

Interesting: by recording the assembly in one piece, there was the creation of 2 surface and non-volume bodies.

In fact, when saving, I hadn't checked at the bottom of the box: Geometry to be recorded: all components.

Now I have access to the combine menu and it works, and I can radiate etc...

Many thanks

For your information, if your question has been answered, it must be resolved by designating THE answer that allowed you to find a solution.

See you again

1 Like

If your question has been answered, it must be resolved by designating the answer that allowed you to solve your problem.

See you again

3 Likes

THANK YOU for all your answers, see you soon for more questions ....@+.