Merging two 3D sketches

Hello

I would have liked to know if there is a possibility to merge two 3D sketches into one?? (All in the same room)

Let me explain: I have to go back to a job I did a long time ago, and since I was only a Padawan apprentice, I had a very bad way of creating my pipes...
As a result, I had created (in a room) several 3D sketches where there should be only one, is it now possible to merge these 3D sketches?

Thank you, Cdt,

Joss

Hello

I was going to propose to create a block to merge the 2 but it's not possible to create 3D blocks!

The only solution would be to create several 2D blocks on the simplest sketch (for example if you have one on 2 planes instead of 3) and paste them into your other sketch and then explode them!

See help for creating and popping blocks:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/SWHelp_List.html?id=f02f892a11e54e39a001de248c096387#Pg0

Edit: a priori you can convert part of a 3D sketch into 2D, it may be simpler.

1 Like

Hello

First of all, the first sketch must be visible (right click on it, show)

Then edit the second 3D sketch, select the first one and click on convert entities.

EDIT: See attached photos

esquisse.png
2 Likes

Copy / paste!

In all the smallest sketches you have to select everything, copy everything (Ctrl+C) then re-edit the main sketch and paste! Normally, if the small sketches were well constrained, all you have to do is reposition the correctly glued sketches and that's it!

3 Likes

For me, the convert entities is the easiest and fastest way =)

1 Like

The problem @Bart is that with your method to modify the final equisse that will have been used with an X function ) you will have to look for the 3D sketches that have been traced ... I do this sometimes when I'm lazy and it's quickly heavy!!

Haha!

Your answers made me laugh a lot^^
Not that these are bad solutions, just because we really don't have the same way of doing things (or not the same job)^^

I'm attaching a screenshot, sketch 2 is the small part I circled, the rest is made up of a single sketch (the 1st), so @Lucas's solution is completely unfeasible for me, and @Bart's solution would force me to start all over again from the beginning at the mechanically welded and bib fct level...

Since my 2nd sketch is small, I'm going to follow the solution of @David be3 (I hadn't thought of the simple copy-paste) but I think that for the sets of ducts that are composed of two sketches as large (and complex) as sketch 1, it's going to be hot^^ Especially since at the time, I didn't constrain my sketches well...

Thank you in any case^^

CF image

eskis3d.png
2 Likes

Oh yes, you have to be careful that nothing moves during the "glue"! But it should do it! :)

1 Like

Then I remove the link with my first sketch and that's it.

All in all, it must have taken me 10 seconds:p

Everyone has their own way of doing things, yes^^

3 Likes

@Bart
Yes but that means that it's my smallest sketch that will remain and my main sketch, on which I inserted about ten mechanically welded profiles will disappear with all my ducts, it would take me a long time:p

In this case, I prefer David's solution, which removes 1m of mechanically welded rather than about thirty meters ^^

If it was my sketch 1 that was small and my sketch 2 that was complex, I would have taken your solution. But it's true that I hadn't put you in my context, vs couldn't guess, that's why it made me laugh, answers that are valid but that for me, would make me start from scratch^^

2 Likes

Hello

@Joss.G, the @Bart method also seems to me the fastest and above all the most reliable (no risk of losing the constraint of copying and pasting), on the other hand you have to reverse, you have to edit sketch 1 to convert sketch 2 inside, provided that it can be moved before sketch 1 by breaking can be a coincidence condition.

@+

2 Likes

If it's just tube, always the same everywhere, it takes 30 seconds to rebalance a welded mechanic

it's up to you to see as the case may be =)

1 Like

+1 for @ Bart, Coyotte, david be3

in general I convert the entities

sometimes copy and paste sketches but it's very rare

@+ ;-))

1 Like