Merging strokes of a sketch

Hello 

I would like to create an extrusion of the attached part with the different patterns in this sheet, small downside my patterns are full of lines and do not form a solid shape. As a result, my sketch is very heavy and therefore difficult to work with, and my extrusion doesn't detect the different patterns.

Is there a solution to be able to "merge" the strokes of the patterns so that each time I only have a simple shape in one block?

Or a solution to create extrusion with the patterns at once?

Thanks in advance

Part1.SLDPRT

Hello

A solution, a bit time-consuming, would be to convert your multiple patterns into splines.

Use the Spline Tools/Adjust Spline function to do this. Repeat this function on each of your channels.

On the other hand, if the patterns have to be machined, maybe the splines will be a problem!

Kind regards

splines.png
3 Likes

Hello

Can you share your sketch in dxf so we can see if we can do something on another software.

Apparently, to merge it's very simple: just click on the dot and have it deleted (http://help.solidworks.com/2011/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/LegacyHelp/Sldworks/SW_Sketch/Split_Entities.htm).

In your case, it won't work because the entities are not rigorously collinear.

By selecting the sketch in the feature manager before choosing the extrusion function, it seems to take everything right, on the other hand, given the number of entities to be processed, you will have to be (very) patient.

I didn't take the time to analyze in depth but the piece seems symmetrical and the patterns repetitive.
So I'll try to simplify a pattern and then reuse it via the classic repetition/symmetry and possibly block functions.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answers 

Attached DXF file if it can help you via another software 

Thank you 

tole_deco_int.dxf
1 Like

Hello

See if it's better?

tole_deco_int_ac_cobra.dxf