Manufacturing range

Hi all

So I migrated from CREO 2.0 to SolidWorks 2019, I have to do manufacturing ranges. And then I totally block.

I have to break down each machining operation (Station 1, Station 2 etc...)

In 3D and 2D (I need to be able to easily modify each station if changes in the range are made)

How should I proceed in order to be as efficient as possible (but also as fast as possible)?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Jonathan

gamme.png

Hello

You can use configurations. In each configuration, you create the function(s) that correspond to your different machining phases. On the other hand, you just have to be careful that the functions (or sketches) are not too dependent (constraints, side attachments,...).

Kind regards

5 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your answer.

Is there a tutorial on how to use and configure them?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

Hello

Here is an example with 3 Phases. You add a configuration, then you create your feature and repeat these operations for each machining phase you have to perform. Then, when you reactivate a configuration, your part is displayed with the operations performed.

If functions appear (or not) you have to use the "Configure the function" function (right click on the function) or position yourself in a configuration and use the "Delete" icon (Be careful not "Delete/delete...)!" or "Undo Deletion".

Kind regards

gamme_fab.sldprt
3 Likes

Perfect thank you! I have a good understanding of how to do the step-by-step configurations of the manufacture of my part.

Regarding the tools (which machine the part), how should I manage it?

By an assembly I suppose, but in the assembly, I can also make configurations?

Thank you very much

Hello

Here are 2 examples of parts for the manufacturing process with configurations.

The first is a milled part.

Notice the building tree:

coulisseau_fraisage.sldprt
1 Like

and the 2nd play in shooting:

pommeau_tournage.sldprt
2 Likes

Super!

Thank you for these sample templates. I managed to modify them and add operations and configurations to understand better.

How do I add the tools for each operation?

I guess I have to share it in an assembly, but can we make configurations in an assembly?

Thank you.

You don't have to create your machining in the context of an assembly. But you can create configurations in assemblies!

Machining functions can be added to your workpiece.

The best thing for you is to follow the "SOLIDWORKS Tutorials" section at the top right of the SOLIDWORKS window which will allow you to go further in the use of SW. You will also find a number of tutorials on the web.

It would be a bit tedious to give you a training here!

Good luck for the future!

1 Like

Thank you for the previous answers and the example files.

I'm going to watch these tutorials carefully to be able to use SW with the most mastery.

Good luck to you!

Kind regards

2 Likes