Keeping a standard of display

Hello

I'm currently having a problem in my drawings. Indeed I have set a dressing standard, but as soon as I close my drawing and open another one, I have to go back to the document property and point to the .sldstd file.

My question is: How do we freeze the standard of dressing? If I have to, I make a macro to load it as soon as I open a drawing , but I think there is something simpler.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Hello

The Skin Standard file is configured in the ".drwdot" document template to make the choice permanent when you create a new drawing.

If you have to update old files you have no choice but to do the mania for each of them (or via a macro or a MyCad tool utility)

3 Likes

We didn't understand each other, the .drwdot works very well. What I want is the .sldstd, the general skin, which allows you to have the dimensions centered by default, to have the number of decimal places defined etc. As a joint 

Thank you

propriete_doc.jpg

You have to modify this standard in your background plan (slddrt) or in the document template I don't know anymore.

To find the path see in the file location option then:

Document templates

Background plan

Open all your basemaps and then overwrite them or replace them with a new one (save basemap file)

And for the model save.

1 Like

This is the model that needs to be changed.
The basemap is just the visible entities.

@Floris.Morales:
- check that your paths to the templates are correct and that there are no duplicates (like we make a copy to test but it's not placed in the final location). Are you networked with a shared directory for models or locally? Combination of machines concerned?
- check your different models, it is possible that there are one or 2 that are not well configured;
- indeed, as @Pierre S says, for the "old" files, you have to take them one by one (via a macro or a utility) to call the sldstd file.

2 Likes

Hello

I found this as a macro and by clicking you change the norm: 

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/english/api/sldworksapi/change_drafting_standard_to_custom_example_vb.htm

And it works.

Thank you all. I coded a macro that loads the wrapping standard when a new document is created. 

Thank you again.