Mounting Kit Management

Hello

In the context of my work I would like to manage assembly kits: e.g. the screw pouch delivered with the part to be able to mount it.

Today our machines are composed of sub-assemblies including boilerwork, commercial elements and hardware to assemble all this together, this is managed from the CAD point of view by assemblies, (exploded) plans and a bill of materials. The assembly of these sub-assemblies is done in-house (factory) and the store is well stocked and within easy reach, there are no worries.

The machines are then assembled on site (too large to be transported complete), and this is where I would like to manage assembly kits.
Let me explain, I have to assemble the "A" sub-assembly on the "B" sub-assembly using the "V1" and "V2" screws to make the "M" machine for example.
So I would like to create a "K" kit including "V1" and "V2" which would be in the subset "A",
in the nomenclature of "A" I would therefore like to see "K" appear which would not visually be on the burst planes of "A" because without the second sub-assembly will not be positionable.
BUT I would like to be able to make bursts of "M" to be able to show where "V1" and "V2" are going, so visually "K" should appear and should be able to be exploded and placed on the machine. But K does not appear in the nomenclature of "M" because it is part of "A".

Has anyone ever had this case? And how did you deal with that?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Kind regards

Anthony Grolleau

1 Like

In "M" (where you added the "V1" and "V2" screws to show the assembly of the s/e "A" and the s/e "B") you exclude them from the nomenclature.

To do this, right-click on "V1" and "V2" in the "M" tree (and especially not in the "A" s/e), then property and check "Exclude from nomenclature" (bottom right).

1 Like

For your subset K, you can use construction subsets. It is possible to " promote " the nomenclature of a subassembly, i.e. to make this subassembly K not appear in the nomenclature, but that the V1 V2 parts (or subassemblies that compose it) appear in the nomenclature ! You have to right-click on the configuration of K > Properties > BOM options > Promote.

This makes it possible to easily identify the parts that make up this sub-assembly in the M drawing.

1 Like

@l.Prior

Thank you, I like it because no duplicates however I will have to put the subset "K" in "M" to do that right?

Ideally, I would have liked "K" to be in "A" because "A" can also be mounted on other machines than "M" and it allowed me not to forget the screws every time I use "A"

If you want "K" to be in "A", you don't have much of a choice, you have to use my method".

The only risk is that in "M" or "M2",..... "M99" you forget to exclude "V1" and "V2" and then you find yourself ordering the screws 2 times.

It's a choice, either you risk doubling it and you risk forgetting "V1" "V2"

1 Like

This is what I have also deduced from it, unfortunately,

In any case, thank you both, for my part we will try to see this internally how to manage this without making mistakes.